Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

re-enlistment

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 18 Replies

If you or your DH has reenlisted recently, how long did the process take you?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diverwife84
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Mine reenlisted a few months ago. I'm not sure what you mean by how long but he's Navy... had to submit a package to the detailer asking permission to reenlist (after his command signed it) and then he had a ceremony. From the time he routed his chit to the sign date, it took about 2 weeks. Then I went and updated my ID card.

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on May. 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM
DH's just went through about a month ago. He was waiting for over a month for it to go through. Come to find out, it was just sitting on someones desk for awhile.
mlogsdon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Was it just a reenlistment, with no options for a new assignment or anything?

I'm asking because my DH (army) has been trying to reenlist for a new location, and has to submit a request for a slot, then wait for an answer, and each request takes about 2 weeks, so it's been a few months now that he's been trying. They won't just tell him a list of what is available (if anything) and let him pick.  I was trying to figure out if this was the new normal, as his last reenlistment didn't take nearly this long. 

Quoting Diverwife84:

Mine reenlisted a few months ago. I'm not sure what you mean by how long but he's Navy... had to submit a package to the detailer asking permission to reenlist (after his command signed it) and then he had a ceremony. From the time he routed his chit to the sign date, it took about 2 weeks. Then I went and updated my ID card.

SierraLynn
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the new normal with duty station requests.  The last time my husband requested a new duty station with a re-enlistment was in 2009. So Im no help.

But good luck!

Quoting mlogsdon:

I'm asking because my DH (army) has been trying to reenlist for a new location, and has to submit a request for a slot, then wait for an answer, and each request takes about 2 weeks, so it's been a few months now that he's been trying. They won't just tell him a list of what is available (if anything) and let him pick.  I was trying to figure out if this was the new normal, as his last reenlistment didn't take nearly this long. 

Quoting Diverwife84:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 31, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Only reason my husbands went so fast, seemed like less than 2 weeks. Was because he had an assignment to Germany, sent to him from branch. His company was fighting him and not wanting to let him. That was May of 2012.

cocoroo
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I have heard they aren't really letting people choose anymore.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting Diverwife84:

mlogsdon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Not surprising, I just wish it would get over and done with one way or the other. I still like this area quite a bit and don't really NEED to leave, but DH is pushing to get back on the east coast. 

Quoting cocoroo:

I have heard they are really letting people choose anymore.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting Diverwife84:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Bump

cocoroo
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I'm over it here. I want to move.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Not surprising, I just wish it would get over and done with one way or the other. I still like this area quite a bit and don't really NEED to leave, but DH is pushing to get back on the east coast. 

Quoting cocoroo:

I have heard they are really letting people choose anymore.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting Diverwife84:

SlapItHigh
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I don't remember but here's a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)