Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What are you and your kids most looking forward to this summer?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 58 Replies

While it's not officially summer quite yet, we know lots of moms and kids are getting excited for some fun in the sun. Tell us what you and your kids are most looking forward to this summer. 

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree

I know that my kids are most looking forward to spending most of the summer in the pool.  Our summer is already here (it's been in the 100s for the last few days), so our pool is open and ready to go!  We will, probably, be moving in the next few months, though.

They also love that we have passes to the zoo.  Like I said, it gets really hot here, so our zoo opens for members at 6am so we usually head there that early.  It may seem crazy, but then you get to actually see the animals active and everything!  The kids LOVE that!

aneela

We are looking forward to playdates and get togethers with friends!!

We also already started with some other fun by visting the Space museum in Houston!!

We plan on visiting the zoo and beach as well!!

It's all about friendship, fun and learning along the way too!!

eChard
I am a teacher, so school is almost out for summer!!! The thing I look most forward to is spending time home with my children. My daughter is 16 and my son just turned 9 months. Yeah, you read that right!
We live a short drive from the Jersey shore, so beach days are what we dream about all year long. I look forward to beach days, day hiking, and planting an herb garden in the yard with my babies :)
blondie.mom
by Charity on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I'm looking forward to more outside activities! We live on the Oregon coast, so lots of wind and rain, but we get pretty lucky with (mildly) warm weather in the summer. We love hiking and anything outdoorsy. We live at the beach, so we have tons of outdoors activities (crabbing, fishing, tide pools, hikes, etc).

I'm also looking forward to not having to get my 2 year old up at 6 to take my oldest to the bus stop :)
MamaMandee

Where on the coast if you dont mind me asking? I lived in Rockaway for 6 years.

Quoting blondie.mom:

I'm looking forward to more outside activities! We live on the Oregon coast, so lots of wind and rain, but we get pretty lucky with (mildly) warm weather in the summer. We love hiking and anything outdoorsy. We live at the beach, so we have tons of outdoors activities (crabbing, fishing, tide pools, hikes, etc).

I'm also looking forward to not having to get my 2 year old up at 6 to take my oldest to the bus stop :)

MamaMandee

We got a new larger pool this year and the kids are looking forward to getting put up and ready to swim. Besides that we are hoping to get a few camping trips in and a few other day trips. Also we just got our fire pit ready for the season and looking forward to our 1st smores of the summer!

Angela4boys
We are so excited for summer! We have family coming from out of town for three weeks which is always fun! We love going to the lake to swim, cook out, canoe and fish :). We are also looking forward to spending some time at the beach...water is so relaxing!

When it's soggy and we are looking for fun, we head to the bowling alley, movies, museums, and spend time doing arts and crafts.

blondie.mom
by Charity on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM
My mom LOVES rockaway, she goes every year for a week :)
We live in coos bay right now, but we are from Portland/Oregon city.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting blondie.mom:

MamaMandee
Right on! I have lived all over Portland & around it. I'm in Indiana now and miss it so bad.

Quoting blondie.mom:

My mom LOVES rockaway, she goes every year for a week :)

We live in coos bay right now, but we are from Portland/Oregon city.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting blondie.mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou

There's alot of stuff I would like to do this summer. First and foremost, I need to get dd's pool cleaned out and filled for her to splash around in. We love to BBQ also. We are hoping to get out to the lake more often this year and possibly try camping. It would be our first time as a family camping out and dd is excited to make s'mores! Our dd will be 4 this summer, so that's another thing we're looking forward to is her Birthday party. We would also like to take a mini weekend vacation and head out of state to a large zoo and possibly an amusement park. Over all, we just love to be outside :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)