Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you say thanks to our nation's heroes and their families?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 103 Replies
6 moms liked this

We asked some of the moms of CafeMom to show their support for the men and women serving our country. Check out what our moms had to say and then tell us how you say thanks to your loved ones serving our country.

We encourage all moms to click here to visit Brawny Towels' Wounded Warrior Project Facebook page and leave a message on the Wall of Thanks. For everyone who shares a thank you message on the Wall of Thanks, Brawny Paper Towels will donate $1 to the Wounded Warrior Project.*

*From January 1 – December 31, 2013, Brawny will donate $1 for every individual who "Likes" the Brawny Towels Facebook page or sends a "thank you" on our Wall of Thanks up to $350,000.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf

I come from a military family.  I have served, as well.  I honor and respect all persons that wear our country's uniforms.  If I am in a coffee shop and a service member comes in, I will ALWAYS buy them a cup!

Ambear72

When my family and I are out and about and we see someone from the Military we always have them go out and shake their hand and tell them thank you.  It teaches my children to be appreciative for the service of our military people and it lets our military know that someone does appreciate their sacrifices.  At my oldest sons Graduation there was a Marine in uniform there.  My daughter asked if he was a Marching Band Babe, and of course we laughed about it, but I told her no that he is a Marine and he fights for our country.  Here is a picture of her and the Marine. 

We are a very patriotic family, we stand for the flag, cover our hearts and take off our hats!  If we see any Veterin asking for Donations we will give what we can.  Most importantly though we tell any one we see, that is or was Military Thank you!!

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I feed single Marines whenever I can. Because I know how much they enjoy q home cooked meal.
Angela4boys
1 mom liked this

I want to extend a huge thank you to the Men and Women who serve our country.  We live in a great country, and enjoy immense freedoms because of these Brave Men and Women.  Thanks alone just doesn't express my gratitude for keeping us safe, putting your life on the line and sacrificing time with your families and friends.

And a huge thank you and hug to the military spouses that spend months on end as single parents and sleepless nights worrying, and the children who go without Mom or Dad...you are true Heros!  Thank you!

mstrendygirl

A big thankyou to the men and women who serve our country.i have cousins who are in the military.i commend all the spouses that go months and months without there love ones.you all are awesome,strong ppl.thankyou and godbless

anotherandree

I served in the Marines and my husband in the Air Force.  We live on a street of several veterans, one of whom is VERY active in the VFW and other Veteran's programs.  Because of him, my husband and I have been fortunate enough to help out with various programs, through donations and just by spreading the word!  Eric (our friend), literally walked us through the VA eligibility program so my husband and I (mostly me) could get set up with the medical insurance and disability compensation that we DESPERATELY needed.  I have made an effort to pay that forward because the VA eligibility can seem crazy daunting the first time, but it is WORTH IT.

deedee3849
1 mom liked this

Whenever I think of those who serve and their families it brings tears to my eyes. The sacrifices they make daily for us and our country are so honorable. I am not sure what matters most to those who serve but I do offer a thank you when I see someone in uniform. We have done care packages with our church and with my students to send to local men serving over seas. This year I volunteered at a 5k to raise money for Wounded Warrior program but in all honestly this feels like nothing to give compared to what has been given. Unless you are in their shoes I feel you can't fathom just how much they truly sacrifice.  I pray for those serving and for those at home raising a family without their loved ones. I pray for peace. I pray for the safety of our troops. Thank you so much to all who serve and for all of the families of those who serve. There is nothing we can do or say to ever repay you for your service.

MamaMandee

Thank you to to all the men & women who fight for our freedom! Not only thank you to them but to all the families who share these amazing people with us. All of you have my love, prayers and support every day! 

johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Yesterday at 7:22 AM

I am from a Military Family.I am a Army/Navy Brat!My Step-Dad gave 20 years service and retired.I respect & honor all servicemen & servicewomen.We were stationed in Gtmo,Philly & Norfolk!We attend all parades & we have a nw 911 Center Memorial here in my town..with a beam from World Trade Center #2.

blondie.mom
by Charity on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM

My father served in the USCG, and my dh is currently serving as well. I have many close friends that have served and are still serving in other branches as well. Every chance I get I make sure to say a word of thanks to those serving, and to those who have served. I've paid for their items at 7-11, and bought there coffee. We donate to charities that support the military adn their families as well. I know it is not much compared to what they sacrifice, but I think every little bit helps. 

This is Dh after a 3 day weekend on duty :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)