Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you say thanks to our nation's heroes and their families?

Posted by   + Show Post

We asked some of the moms of CafeMom to show their support for the men and women serving our country. Check out what our moms had to say and then tell us how you say thanks to your loved ones serving our country.

We encourage all moms to click here to visit Brawny Towels' Wounded Warrior Project Facebook page and leave a message on the Wall of Thanks. For everyone who shares a thank you message on the Wall of Thanks, Brawny Paper Towels will donate $1 to the Wounded Warrior Project.*

*From January 1 – December 31, 2013, Brawny will donate $1 for every individual who "Likes" the Brawny Towels Facebook page or sends a "thank you" on our Wall of Thanks up to $350,000.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
jryberg

Both my dad and my father-in-law are retired military and I enjoyed growing up as part of an amazing community as a military dependant.  I have lots of friends who are (or have been) active duty.  When ever I can I tell them thank you for the time they have served.

We also put flags on military graves for holidays and support any community outreach program that we can that supports military personnel and their families, weather active duty or retired. 

lalasmama2007

Thank you for all that you do!  My thoughts and prayers are with you!

alandou

I just got off of the phone with one of my friends who is in a "military family". I've known her for years as we lived in the same area. Our significant others were stationed at the same base before. I know a bit of the military life, but by no means have really lived it. To her this way of life is the "normal" life. Her husband will retire this year. She just sent her son off to training. Her daughter will be heading off for training next year and a few others in her family are serving as well. All Army. It may be the norm for some but it's definitely not a lifestyle that goes without notice. Honorable, proud, disciplined, courageous...these soldiers who defend our country for us are by far the most unselfish beings. Risking the ultimate to keep us safe and defend our country. Many thanks to the men and women who serve(d) and God Bless Them!

aneela
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Thanks to all those who serve across the board! It is not an easy thing to do but we all appreciate everything you do!! My husband is ex army. We are a little low key as far as big parties but have attended special events at church to celebrate those who serve! And we donate to charities for Vets when we can.

Roo1234
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

In honor of veterans, new and old: Thank you for your service and the sacrifices you and your families have made in times of peace and in times of war.

Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I come from a military family! My dad was army, married an Air force guy! My DH was active duty/reservist a total of 17yrs. He also is a civilian for the Air force going on 13yrs.!
DH's brother is also AF&my cousin is AF, had one cousin that spent time in the army! I'm a Key Spouse in his squadron.
Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Thank you to the brave men&women who have served&serves!
jerzeetomato
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I have always been respectful and supportive of our military personnel, and have always felt deeply that the men and women who have served our country in times of trouble deserve the best that we can give them.  I believe in the wounded warrior project and am excited to support their cause through this influencer program.

My family and I spend a great deal of time at the Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst here in NJ because my kids participate in many soccer tournaments there.  At every check in, we are sure to greet our servicemen with a smile on our face and a kind word on our lips.  It's the very least we can do.

daevans
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I have a lot of family that was in the military
Navy-me, my mom, my dad, my uncle, and my uncle in law
Marine Corps-my hubby, my brother in law, my father in law, and my uncle
Army-my uncle, my aunt
National guard- my father in law, and my uncle in law.

We have flags around our house of every military service. Every Memorial Day, and Veterans Day, we go to a veterans cemetery and put flags on their graves. I've adopted service men and women and send them care packages when they're deployed. And on the holidays, I invite prior service and active duty service members to spend the dinner with us. And last, but not least, we say a prayer for them, whether living or dead, I pray that they make it home to their families
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is active duty Navy...going on 15 years.  He makes a lot of sacrifices for our family, and I make sure to thank him on a regular basis for that:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)