Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you say thanks to our nation's heroes and their families?

Posted by   + Show Post

We asked some of the moms of CafeMom to show their support for the men and women serving our country. Check out what our moms had to say and then tell us how you say thanks to your loved ones serving our country.

We encourage all moms to click here to visit Brawny Towels' Wounded Warrior Project Facebook page and leave a message on the Wall of Thanks. For everyone who shares a thank you message on the Wall of Thanks, Brawny Paper Towels will donate $1 to the Wounded Warrior Project.*

*From January 1 – December 31, 2013, Brawny will donate $1 for every individual who "Likes" the Brawny Towels Facebook page or sends a "thank you" on our Wall of Thanks up to $350,000.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
onecuteladybug2
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I am a member of a very military oriented family. My Grandfather served in the Navy during WWII on the USS Idaho. My mom was in the Army, father-in-law was Navy, brother-in-law and a cousin in the Army National Guard, a cousin in the Navy, a cousin in the Marines, an Uncle in the Coast Guard. I am an involved member in the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars. My kids and I regularly volunteer at our local VA hospital. We are fortunate to be just a mile or so away from the local one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM
We have a long line of military members in our family. I would like to thank my dd now. She joined the Army and we are very proud of her.
eChard
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I have several veterans in the family. They have been honored in the school I teach in. I have submitted their photos and information, they are hanging in the hallway along other veterans from our school family. We have a yearly appreciation luncheon where we thank our friends and family have served our country. My students also send handmade Christmas cards to the local veterans home every year :)
Maddies_mom101
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM

My husband is a Veteran and my grandfather served. Thank you will never be enough so I do whatever I can at the time to help......

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I think police and firefighters and EMTs risk more on a daily basis, honestly. As a Vet myself, I didnt see near the action they do and my life was never at risk, I drove to work, did my job, drove home after work, like everyone else. 

I feel most people would not willingly join the military in a field they feel might lead them into a battle zone.... most people join for the benefits the military offers, GI Joes dont last long and are humbled real quick.

military life isn't some remake of a Vietnam War movie, its pretty quiet and normal and safe.... its just a job.

Lovemyshadows
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM

My father, my hubby, and my brother are retired.  My son is active duty.  I always extend my hand and thank them for what they have done or are doing.  God Bless every one of them.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM

That's awesome of Brawny!

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Going to leave a message....

prommy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I kiss him when he gets home!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think police and firefighters and EMTs risk more on a daily basis, honestly. As a Vet myself, I didnt see near the action they do and my life was never at risk, I drove to work, did my job, drove home after work, like everyone else. 

I feel most people would not willingly join the military in a field they feel might lead them into a battle zone.... most people join for the benefits the military offers, GI Joes dont last long and are humbled real quick.

military life isn't some remake of a Vietnam War movie, its pretty quiet and normal and safe.... its just a job.

I'm sure some of the wives on here (and elsewhere) whose husbands have been wounded or killed would disagree, but eh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)