Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you say thanks to our nation's heroes and their families?

Posted by   + Show Post

We asked some of the moms of CafeMom to show their support for the men and women serving our country. Check out what our moms had to say and then tell us how you say thanks to your loved ones serving our country.

We encourage all moms to click here to visit Brawny Towels' Wounded Warrior Project Facebook page and leave a message on the Wall of Thanks. For everyone who shares a thank you message on the Wall of Thanks, Brawny Paper Towels will donate $1 to the Wounded Warrior Project.*

*From January 1 – December 31, 2013, Brawny will donate $1 for every individual who "Likes" the Brawny Towels Facebook page or sends a "thank you" on our Wall of Thanks up to $350,000.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM

true, but thats a small minority. My point is most military members are quite safe and don't have any real "stories" to tell. But the media tends to lead people to think that everyone is in a foxhole trying to retake Normandy or something. There's so many vets in other non-combat parts of the world that are at no risk at all, as such the police and firefighters here at home are at risk on a daily basis as opposed to most vets that just do their non-combat jobs and go home every night like everyone else.

Those particular military spouses are the same as civilian ones in that regard, they take their kids to practice, go to school functions, run errands, and see thier uniformed spouse every night for dinner...same as anyone else.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous:

I think police and firefighters and EMTs risk more on a daily basis, honestly. As a Vet myself, I didnt see near the action they do and my life was never at risk, I drove to work, did my job, drove home after work, like everyone else. 

I feel most people would not willingly join the military in a field they feel might lead them into a battle zone.... most people join for the benefits the military offers, GI Joes dont last long and are humbled real quick.

military life isn't some remake of a Vietnam War movie, its pretty quiet and normal and safe.... its just a job.

I'm sure some of the wives on here (and elsewhere) whose husbands have been wounded or killed would disagree, but eh.

outer.banks
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM

That is awesome!

Quoting Ambear72:

When my family and I are out and about and we see someone from the Military we always have them go out and shake their hand and tell them thank you.  It teaches my children to be appreciative for the service of our military people and it lets our military know that someone does appreciate their sacrifices.  At my oldest sons Graduation there was a Marine in uniform there.  My daughter asked if he was a Marching Band Babe, and of course we laughed about it, but I told her no that he is a Marine and he fights for our country.  Here is a picture of her and the Marine. 

We are a very patriotic family, we stand for the flag, cover our hearts and take off our hats!  If we see any Veterin asking for Donations we will give what we can.  Most importantly though we tell any one we see, that is or was Military Thank you!!

outer.banks
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM

clapping

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I come from a military family! My dad was army, married an Air force guy! My DH was active duty/reservist a total of 17yrs. He also is a civilian for the Air force going on 13yrs.!
DH's brother is also AF&my cousin is AF, had one cousin that spent time in the army! I'm a Key Spouse in his squadron.

Rushn311
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I donate.

LOswald0314
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I am a military wife, daughter and sister. But we donate to many military charity's and volunteer when we can around base.
elasmimi
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM

My husband served in Vietnam, and I support and admire all the military men and women as well as their families.

copperswifey
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM

That is awesome! I thank them by telling them how much I appreciate them for what they do :)

Bob192
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I will tell them thank you when I see someone in uniform.

mrswillie
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MamaMandee:

Thank you to to all the men & women who fight for our freedom! Not only thank you to them but to all the families who share these amazing people with us. All of you have my love, prayers and support every day! 

I agree, we also have to thank their families who give up so much for us.

sukainah
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I say a quiet prayer of thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN