Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you say thanks to our nation's heroes and their families?

Posted by   + Show Post

We asked some of the moms of CafeMom to show their support for the men and women serving our country. Check out what our moms had to say and then tell us how you say thanks to your loved ones serving our country.

We encourage all moms to click here to visit Brawny Towels' Wounded Warrior Project Facebook page and leave a message on the Wall of Thanks. For everyone who shares a thank you message on the Wall of Thanks, Brawny Paper Towels will donate $1 to the Wounded Warrior Project.*

*From January 1 – December 31, 2013, Brawny will donate $1 for every individual who "Likes" the Brawny Towels Facebook page or sends a "thank you" on our Wall of Thanks up to $350,000.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (51-60):
timon95
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM
we give to the wounded warrior project
goddess99
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Thank you to all the men and women who fight for our freedom. Very rarely do I see military people where I live, there are no bases anyway around here.

deedee3849
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

As a vet and former military brat.... although some do make sacrifices, most of us didn't do anything more than drive to work and come home every night. Only difference was we wore a uniform instead of a nice suit.

Most vets safely stateside, are at no risk and come home every night. The spouses are like any other spouse that takes kids to practice and run errands. Its just a job. Very few go off to war zones. I never did, yet I get thanked anyway...its a nice gesture but I dont think civilians are fully aware of what we do and are going by what they see on news coverage. If they did, they'd have a different view, I think. Other vets and dependants tend to feel the same way since we live or have lived that life and know what it really entails.

Being in the military is not a life of foxholes and firefights like a Vietnam movie remake. Its a rather calm and dull job with bosses we complain about and tight schedules....no real risk to most :) In fact I've rarely had to carry a rifle and wear a helmet. Its just a job and most are non-combat and totally safe.

Thank a police officer or firefighter.... They are risking alot more on a daily basis than most vets stateside are or ever will.  :-)

Quoting deedee3849:

Whenever I think of those who serve and their families it brings tears to my eyes. The sacrifices they make daily for us and our country are so honorable. I am not sure what matters most to those who serve but I do offer a thank you when I see someone in uniform. We have done care packages with our church and with my students to send to local men serving over seas. This year I volunteered at a 5k to raise money for Wounded Warrior program but in all honestly this feels like nothing to give compared to what has been given. Unless you are in their shoes I feel you can't fathom just how much they truly sacrifice.  I pray for those serving and for those at home raising a family without their loved ones. I pray for peace. I pray for the safety of our troops. Thank you so much to all who serve and for all of the families of those who serve. There is nothing we can do or say to ever repay you for your service.

Though you may not be on the front line I am grateful for your willingness to serve. For being brave enough to do something I am way too chicken to do. For the potential risks you may face. Thank you for sharing what it is like though! 

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I have many former and current military members in my family and DH's family.  I am very thankful for all they have done.

LancesMom
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I am thankful for all of our militarty! Especially all of my family members who have or are serving!

alliesmom112
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I have several family members that are serving and have served so I make a point to thank those who serve. We will often by their dinner when we are out or pay for their coffee. 

alliesmom112
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

My dd draws pictures to send to troops over seas and even sending some down to the police station and fire station 

Bmat
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM

My dad and uncles served in WWII.

jessicasmom1
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Thank you to those who served and those still serving .. we are a military family  from way back 

sillytime
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I say thank you my love and give him many wonderful things :-D when ever he wants hahaha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN