Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you say thanks to our nation's heroes and their families?

Posted by   + Show Post

We asked some of the moms of CafeMom to show their support for the men and women serving our country. Check out what our moms had to say and then tell us how you say thanks to your loved ones serving our country.

We encourage all moms to click here to visit Brawny Towels' Wounded Warrior Project Facebook page and leave a message on the Wall of Thanks. For everyone who shares a thank you message on the Wall of Thanks, Brawny Paper Towels will donate $1 to the Wounded Warrior Project.*

*From January 1 – December 31, 2013, Brawny will donate $1 for every individual who "Likes" the Brawny Towels Facebook page or sends a "thank you" on our Wall of Thanks up to $350,000.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (61-70):
bamababe1975
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM

We have a lot of military family members including both my dad who's a Vietnam Veteran from the Army and my FIL who was in the Navy during peacetime, so we just show them how much we love them regularly, but whenever I see other military out and about, I make a point to shake their hand and/or tell them a sincere thank you.

funhappymom
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I try to say thanks when I see someone

funhappymom
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Quoting sillytime:

I say thank you my love and give him many wonderful things :-D when ever he wants hahaha

What branch does he serve in?

bsmom03
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I think it's important to say thank you to not just the service men and women but their families as well. 

sillytime
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM
AF over 20 yrs now

Quoting funhappymom:

Quoting sillytime:

I say thank you my love and give him many wonderful things :-D when ever he wants hahaha

What branch does he serve in?

Samanthamommy
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Nice.

amonkeymom
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I thank members of the military when I am out and about, etc.

campingmomof4
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I have 2 boys in the Army.  I am a Blue Star Mother and a member of the Ladies Auxiliary for the VFW and American Legion.  I participate in alot of activities for our active duty personal and families.   I also help with Wounded Warrior Project. 

border7305
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I foster my sons pets along with caring for my 3. Kim
http://www.cafemom.com/group/107984
NearSeattleMom
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I have a friend who is a widow . . . her husband was killed in action when she was pregnant with their first baby.  I will never look at soldiers again without thinking of that sacrifice.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)