Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your family have picnics regularly?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave our influencer moms a gift card for Brawny Paper Towels and asked them to plan a patriotic picnic/party for their family and friends. See what are moms have to say about their day and then tell us, do you and your family have picnics regularly?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
littlemascara

we don't too often... but, we all few to TX for one over the weekend!  We visited a lot of cousins and all had a big potlock/picnic with all the families.  Totally tons of fun!

Ambear72

We try to have something about once a month.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM

When we go camping we do:)

avasmommee
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM

We are a very close knit family, and extended family!! We often have picnics every weekend at my parents home. For this assignment, it was my parents, my husband, my 5 yr old daughter, my sister, brother-in-law, and my 4 year old nephew. As stated earlier, we are very close, and we even take vacation together. It is extra special as my brother-in-law is now with us, because he has been deployed twice. My father and husband are both veterans as well. For this assignment, we bought the children construction paper, glue, scissors, glitter, and markers. They made American Flags out of their supplies to specifically honor the troops. As for the picnic, we decorated in an Indepence/American theme-we had red/white/blue table clothes, napkins, cups, and utensils. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ, corn, baked beans, cole slaw, deviled eggs, potato salad, egg salad, fruit salad, pumpkin pie and apple pie. We had a volleyball game, and a "T-ball" game. As far as the paper towels, we were quite pleased with how well Brawny held up!!! We usually use Bounty, and I have to say, Brawny works just as well, if not better than Bounty! I had not used Brawny in the past, but I will, and have already, recommened Brawny to a friend!!

countrymomma81
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM

No. We don't have much time for things like that unfortunately. 

anotherandree
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM

We live in an area where we are able to have picnics in the Spring and Fall because the Summer is just too hot!  The kids and I LOVE to eat outdoors (my husband? not so much).

We don't entertain much, but we have a neighbor that is ALWAYS having neighborhood parties!  We were not able to have the party as planned because I ended up having a migraine for TWO straight days!  I was miserable.  I was, however, still able to get the word out about the Brawny Wounded Warrior Project, which was nice.  I invited the neighborhood kids over to do the craft and put information about the Wounded Warrior Project on the invitations!

johnny4ever
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:43 PM

We do when we go hiking!

johnny4ever
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Kids made t shirts & we had a picnic

alandou
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Honestly, I've never had a real picnic before but it is something that I'm excited about doing with my daughter. She loves to play picnic in the house. We do grill out often during the summer, so IDK if that counts, LoL. I'm very excited to plan a family picnic soon I hope!

aneela
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM

We recently moved from Md to Tx and we got together with my new friend and her family to have fun and say thanks to those who serve. Her husband is former marine and my hubby is former army. We were glad to see how wonderful it was for Brawny paper towels to get on board and support the Wounded Warrior Project.

We used the Brawny paper towels to help clean up the mess from the craft/poster the kids made (with some help from us lol).

Here are some photos of the gathering.

Our kids made hand prints on the poster

here is my friend and her hubby with their baby making footprints and then using some Brawny paper towels to help clean up the paint.

Some other pics:

It was also father's day so we had a yummy steak lunch with mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, salad and fruit! The boys had hot dogs with sides.

Sorry I'm actually not in the pix lol...funny but course I was taking pix and forgot to get in any of them!

It was nice to get together and say thanks to my husband and my friend's husband for their service and also for father's day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)