Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Do you and your family have picnics regularly?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave our influencer moms a gift card for Brawny Paper Towels and asked them to plan a patriotic picnic/party for their family and friends. See what are moms have to say about their day and then tell us, do you and your family have picnics regularly?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
deedee3849
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My husbands family had a special picnic on Father's Day for my father in law, husband and brother in law. My fil was in the Air Force so we used patriotic decor such as red, white and blue napkins, plates and cups. We always grill for picnics and my husband is a master on it. We had sausage, burgers and hot dogs. I made macaroni salad, corn on the cob and we had chips and dip. The picnic was at my fil's house and the Brawny paper towels worked out perfectly since he had none lol! Paper towels are one of those things that you just can't do without and Brawny got the job done. I like the pick a size because it allows for less waste for small jobs and overall more bang for your buck. I'd recommend Brawny. They are strong, absorbent and I love that Brawny is supporting the Wounded Warrior Project. I had the privilege of volunteering for a 5K last month that was also to help raise money for Wounded Warrior Project and was able to see how this wonderful organization helps our nations hero's. It's a great cause!
jerzeetomato
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM

My kids are older now, so we don't "picnic" like we used to, but they still appreciate a good cook-out, and we do it often.

For this project, we decided to take the party to a local Veterans Home.  We baked a few dozen muffins and prepared some fresh fruit trays.  I was under some unexpected time constraints for work, so my son and daughter actually took the goodies to the home, and spent some time chatting with the residents.  They took along some patriotic themed paper plates to serve up the fruit and muffins, which they said the veterans' enjoyed immensely.

Of course, Brawny towels factored into the clean up process when our cooking endeavors were complete.  Brawny has always been a great value, and I am proud to help them support the Wounded Warrior Project. 

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Our family likes to get together on the weekends during the summer.  We had a small gathering on Father's Day with my parents.  My father is an army vet.  We decided to make paper chains and paper lanterns in red white and blue to decorate our porch.  The Brawny paper towels that I purchased were great for getting ready and cleaning up after our dinner.  They are stronger than the paper towels that I normally use and I really like the pick-a-size sheets.  A roll of paper towels lasted longer than my usual brand.  

Maddies_mom101
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM

my husband and kids love to have picnics for lunch almost everyday. He is a vetran now and a stay at home dad who goes to school so to me its like making up for lthe time he spend away  during his military time.  I usually will come home from work with picture galore that my kids have drawn while I am at work. They always want to send them off to Dh's friends who are still in the military.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

We don't do it regularly, but we do occasionally.  We will typically pack a picnic lunch if we go to the zoo or hiking on the weekends.

ThatGirlShelley
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I see all of the BBQ photos and miss home (Virginia). We are in NY and so picnics for us involve fun in the park with packed goodies. I love picnics!

ceciliam
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Not really. My son and I used to do picnics everyday, out on our gazebo, during the Summer months. Now he's older and we tend do different things, instead.

sukainah
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Sounds fun!  The cookies look nice.  Have a great summer!

Quoting Angela4boys:

We sure do!  And we are outdoorsy!  Our favorite place to have our picnics is the lake.  We go there year round, whether we are bundled up by a fire, or in our swimsuits on the sand, we love the lake.  There is always lots of fishing, Canoeing, food and fun! 

Last weekend we had a cook out here.  In preparation for the day the kids made patriotic star shaped cookies, it was a lot of fun.  I rolled out and pre baked star shaped cookies, provided frosting and lots of red, white and blue sprinkles...it was a lot of fun!

Then for the party, we had BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Baked Potatoes, Pasta Salad, Grapes, Jello Salad, Cookies and punch...mmmm, yummy!  The Brawny Paper towels really came in handy with the clean up of eating BBQ Rib and with the frosting on the cookies ;)  They are soft enough to use on your face and yet did a great clean up!

It was really cool, because the theme of the party sparked conversation about Brawny teaming up with the Wounded Warrior project, and I found out that I know people who have personally been helped by the Wounded Warrior Project.  The kids then brought up about their friends, and that a number of them had parents deployed...they really seemed to feel a personal connection to the sacrifice that these kids, their families, and their Brave Moms and Dads make for our freedom.

And here they are enjoying their cookies :) 

elasmimi
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM

When my kids were littlr we did. Not so much now.

elasmimi
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

She is adorable, and the food looks great.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Our family likes to get together on the weekends during the summer.  We had a small gathering on Father's Day with my parents.  My father is an army vet.  We decided to make paper chains and paper lanterns in red white and blue to decorate our porch.  The Brawny paper towels that I purchased were great for getting ready and cleaning up after our dinner.  They are stronger than the paper towels that I normally use and I really like the pick-a-size sheets.  A roll of paper towels lasted longer than my usual brand.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)