Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Do you and your family have picnics regularly?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave our influencer moms a gift card for Brawny Paper Towels and asked them to plan a patriotic picnic/party for their family and friends. See what are moms have to say about their day and then tell us, do you and your family have picnics regularly?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
Angela4boys
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Thanks! It really was a lot of fun :) you have a great summer too!

Quoting sukainah:

Sounds fun!  The cookies look nice.  Have a great summer!

Quoting Angela4boys:

We sure do!  And we are outdoorsy!  Our favorite place to have our picnics is the lake.  We go there year round, whether we are bundled up by a fire, or in our swimsuits on the sand, we love the lake.  There is always lots of fishing, Canoeing, food and fun! 

Last weekend we had a cook out here.  In preparation for the day the kids made patriotic star shaped cookies, it was a lot of fun.  I rolled out and pre baked star shaped cookies, provided frosting and lots of red, white and blue sprinkles...it was a lot of fun!

Then for the party, we had BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Baked Potatoes, Pasta Salad, Grapes, Jello Salad, Cookies and punch...mmmm, yummy!  The Brawny Paper towels really came in handy with the clean up of eating BBQ Rib and with the frosting on the cookies ;)  They are soft enough to use on your face and yet did a great clean up!

It was really cool, because the theme of the party sparked conversation about Brawny teaming up with the Wounded Warrior project, and I found out that I know people who have personally been helped by the Wounded Warrior Project.  The kids then brought up about their friends, and that a number of them had parents deployed...they really seemed to feel a personal connection to the sacrifice that these kids, their families, and their Brave Moms and Dads make for our freedom.

And here they are enjoying their cookies :) 

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Thanks!

Quoting elasmimi:

She is adorable, and the food looks great.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Our family likes to get together on the weekends during the summer.  We had a small gathering on Father's Day with my parents.  My father is an army vet.  We decided to make paper chains and paper lanterns in red white and blue to decorate our porch.  The Brawny paper towels that I purchased were great for getting ready and cleaning up after our dinner.  They are stronger than the paper towels that I normally use and I really like the pick-a-size sheets.  A roll of paper towels lasted longer than my usual brand.  

dusky_rose
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

We had a bbq/birthday party the weekend before last. I actually had to turn down this influencer, because it was Spongebob themed. We are supposed to go to a family reunion on the 6th that always happens around the 4th though.

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM
We have lots of picnics and BBQs.
sukainah
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Thanks! It really was a lot of fun :) you have a great summer too!

Quoting sukainah:

Sounds fun!  The cookies look nice.  Have a great summer!

Quoting Angela4boys:

We sure do!  And we are outdoorsy!  Our favorite place to have our picnics is the lake.  We go there year round, whether we are bundled up by a fire, or in our swimsuits on the sand, we love the lake.  There is always lots of fishing, Canoeing, food and fun! 

Last weekend we had a cook out here.  In preparation for the day the kids made patriotic star shaped cookies, it was a lot of fun.  I rolled out and pre baked star shaped cookies, provided frosting and lots of red, white and blue sprinkles...it was a lot of fun!

Then for the party, we had BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Baked Potatoes, Pasta Salad, Grapes, Jello Salad, Cookies and punch...mmmm, yummy!  The Brawny Paper towels really came in handy with the clean up of eating BBQ Rib and with the frosting on the cookies ;)  They are soft enough to use on your face and yet did a great clean up!

It was really cool, because the theme of the party sparked conversation about Brawny teaming up with the Wounded Warrior project, and I found out that I know people who have personally been helped by the Wounded Warrior Project.  The kids then brought up about their friends, and that a number of them had parents deployed...they really seemed to feel a personal connection to the sacrifice that these kids, their families, and their Brave Moms and Dads make for our freedom.

And here they are enjoying their cookies :) 

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Yes, we do have picnics regulary.

Bob192
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Yes, our family loves them!!  We will make any excuse to have one!

Miranda1127
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM

we don't do regular picnics, they are a rare treat.

Bmat
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I'm not a fan of eating outdoors. We have outside picnics a couple times a year.

pittymama
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM

nope, i don't think i've ever had a picnic. i'm not a fan of eating outdoors. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN