Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Deployments

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

How much warning/notice are you typically given when it comes to deployments? is it possible to have almost a years notice?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Yes, I know my dh's schedule for years unless it changes.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. This question was asked earlier in the week. Dh has had as little as 3 days notice and as much as a years notice.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Yeahp.
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Yes, it's possible.

KWnavywife
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

depends on the branch/unit. Some have a years notice others have a day or two.  not really a cookie cutter answer to this one. 

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:06 AM

You can have a year notice, and then days before it is canceled. Always expect the unexpected.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Yes, it's possible.

kadensmomma0708
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I knew halfway through my husbands last deployment, that his unit would deploy again as soon as their dweel time is up.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Know that the unit is going, yes, exactly when.. Well the higher ups knew before the rest of the soldiers. They knew a month out when they were leaving since it was such a big brigade, they went in waves, so the sildiers knew a month before their wave was leaving
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Sort of. They can tell you if"your name is on the list" as far as who is next to go, etc but it can also be pretty fluid because stuff happens, dates change, people PCS or get orders for various training or whatever. Some of my husband's have moved up as much as 4 months and I've also heard of some being cancelled at the last minute(never for us but for others) which also effects the list. This is all from an AF security forces perspective because that's what my hubs was doing at the time(he's a BMT instructor right now).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)