Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Don't ask, don't tell

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know this policy was revoked a few years ago, but I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are on the subject.  Did your husbands seem to care?  Did they have an opinion?  

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Beth on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM

my husband dont care, just as long as they dont push it on him. he said its thier bedroom business, not his. all he cares about is how good of a soldier they are, will they hold thier own in a fire fight? besides, the policy may have just now been revoked, but they have always been in the military looong before then

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Good points! To be honest, my husband's viewpoint is very similar. He just doesn't want to see in his face so to speak.

Quoting sahmw2010:

my husband dont care, just as long as they dont push it on him. he said its thier bedroom business, not his. all he cares about is how good of a soldier they are, will they hold thier own in a fire fight? besides, the policy may have just now been revoked, but they have always been in the military looong before then

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazyitalian
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
My dh hates that its gone, he has a officer thats in your face about his sexuality. My dh gets so uncomfortable when people that arnt family talk about the bedroom (straight or gay)
TishHughes
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I don't care.
1-Mom2-Veteran
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Oh I have used SHARP on some of the pvts in bct. May rule was.... do as you do, however, if I walk through your bay and I find two females in a bunk.. you better hope your highspeed selves were givin cpr. If not, You picked the wrong time to "play" together and I would unfck what i saw real fast.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I understand.  My husband used to have a boss that was just like that...

Quoting crazyitalian:

My dh hates that its gone, he has a officer thats in your face about his sexuality. My dh gets so uncomfortable when people that arnt family talk about the bedroom (straight or gay)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM

SHARP?  What is that?  

Quoting 1-Mom2-Veteran:

Oh I have used SHARP on some of the pvts in bct. May rule was.... do as you do, however, if I walk through your bay and I find two females in a bunk.. you better hope your highspeed selves were givin cpr. If not, You picked the wrong time to "play" together and I would unfck what i saw real fast.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Personally, I don't care either:) 

Quoting TishHughes:

I don't care.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH didn't care. as long as its not shoved in his face, he doesnt care.

TishHughes
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Sexual harassment and rape something. Hell I forget.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

SHARP?  What is that?  

Quoting 1-Mom2-Veteran:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)