Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

How often do you get "me" time!?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 26 Replies
Hi I am just wondering.. How often do you, military spouses that stay home, get " me" time ?
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Seems like almost never.  Just today I asked DH to keep the baby out of my way while I canned cherry jam, and of course, every 5 minutes as I stirred 200+ degree syrup...there was baby up in my business!

Some months are better than others.  Ironically, when DH is deployed or at training I get plenty of "me time" because after I put the kids down I can choose to just relax instead of work on uniforms, cook meals, clean up stuff.  DH has pet peeves about certain chores, but when he's not here I might let the dishes sit overnight and take a relaxing bath instead, kwim?

sahmw2010
by Beth on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Never. Its a fight for him to keep an eye on kids so i can do my scho work. Im actually at breaking point right now and tere is nothing i can do about it. Hes ina rotation so not home for me to say "heres the kids, ill be back in a few hours"
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I get "me" time a few times/week when my son is in therapy, but that time is usually spent running errands:)  When my son is in school, I get more "me" time.  But, on the weekends, my husband always makes sure I have a few hours to myself.  He's amazing like that:)

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Never. lol Every now and then when I am feeling overwhelmed with kids, exercising, planning events (we have cookouts and we have my daughters b-day coming up) and housework, DH will take the kids so I can at least shower alone for a little bit. 

SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I get a fair amount, but I have a sitter and my kids are school age.
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Every night after the kids go to bed.  :)

sahmw2010
by Beth on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
U get to shower? Alone? No little "mommy what u doing?" Lol. Even locking the doors, smarty pants can unlock it.

Quoting Lizzys_mommy13:

Never. lol Every now and then when I am feeling overwhelmed with kids, exercising, planning events (we have cookouts and we have my daughters b-day coming up) and housework, DH will take the kids so I can at least shower alone for a little bit. 

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Pretty often. Two of my kids are adults and the other two are teens.
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I recently started getting respite care, so i get it pretty frequently now :) before that, i tried to do something by myself once or twice a month. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

never I have dd with me 24/7 and then dh is always around, the only time im alone is in the shower...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)