Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Discounts

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 50 Replies
We are vacationing in a resort town and dh always asks if a place has a military discount whenever we are checking out. The discounts here have been awesome! Some places nearly 50% off! Back at home, nearly everyone is military. So if a place offers a military discount, it's usually 5 to 10%. I'm not complaining -- any discount is awesome and no discount is fine too. But it just surprised me here to see such big discounts. So...what's the biggest discount you've ever received?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM
3 moms liked this

40$ worth of buffalo meat for free. I went to a farm to pick up some buffalo meat, was talking to the lady and she handed me the bag and said "For you, no charge!" She said because my husband was deployed that she needed to keep the family taken care of too!

Lzabierek
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Only 10%.....but while my dh is deployed right now, I'm staying back at home with my parents. We are stationed in Texas but my family lives in Chicago. There is BARELY any places around here that give military discounts. Probably because the closest base is almost 4 hours away.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM

MI has 20% in places for military

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I have saved multiple thousands of dollars at Walt Disney World, between the tickets and the room discounts. Yes, thousands. We always stay at the Polynesian Resort at WDW, right across the lake from the Magic Kingdom and stay in a room that is regularly $600 per night for $360 with the 40% off a deluxe military discount. And the 4 Day Park Hopper tickets that are normally over $400 per person are $154. Thats a pretty whopping savings every time we go. 

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Free. Was going to pay for my hotel room in Vegas and the man behind me paye for my 3 day stay and everything else! My bill was almost 3k!! I never even got his name @_@
Perfect.Pixie
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Disney and Busch gardens is the biggest discount so far
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM

LOVE all the military discounts...free admission to Busch Gardens was probably the best:)  My husband went to a museum earlier this week with his brother and his dad, and Jeff got in for free!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
We went to the Houston Zoo for free. Saved $70!
crazyitalian
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
We took all dhs uniforms to the dry cleaners and to be altered and I was trying to calculate the cost, the woman behind us introduced herself and asked if she could pay and she did over $300!
cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Ripley's attractions give really good military discounts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)