Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

LEAVING THE NEST

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 4 Replies

shruggingHi, I'm new just sign in a few mins ago. I need advise of if anyone has resources for me. My son is a Marine. He will be in 1 yr Sept 10 20013. I never thought in a million years that I would be taking it so hard. The last two weeks he has been home.I may have seen him for an whole hour an a half the time he was here. He left this morning to go back to San Diego and will be leaving for Japan in a few weeks. This has affected my relationship with my husband because of my depression and alcohol increase. I feel i have lost two men who mean the world to me in less than a year. Last night was a horrible argument with my son and then later with my husband. I'm hoping I can find women that I can connect with close to my home. I live in Milw. WI. I need some moms to talk too. 

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sahmw2010
by Beth on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

my cousin just came back state side from 3 years in Japan. He liked it there, though he is happy to be back on US soil now. lol. get a passport and find a hotel, and go visit him, thats what my Aunt did. they went and saw, whatever sites Japan had to offer her.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome and hugs mama!

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

My 18 yo  son is in Germany for 2 years and my husband is deployed.  I'm not going to say it is easy, but I'm coping.  I still have three other children at home that need me and I know letting myself go crazy over it would do me no good.  

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you should consider getting some counseling to deal with your son growing up and away and how it is affecting your life and relationships with others.  Abusing alcohol or fighting with your DH is not going to solve any problems.  Your son has been an adult living away from you for a year and his life has changed.  It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just different from what you expected.  I agree with the other suggestions -- go and visit him at some point and just work through it because going crazy over this will do you, your family, or your relationships, no good.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN