Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice please !!!

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:43 AM
  • 17 Replies

Ill make this short . My husband is deployed for the first time . He's been in 9 years . Since Deploying on March 11th he has emailed me every day or at the latest three days. Today makes 5 days and no email from him. Should I be worried or do you think he is just busy . This is the last leg of his trip. And I know he said he is busy and does not get much computer time any more. I just want to know if this is normal . I am the kind of person that will worry myself sick. Please to all those wives who have been through a deployment let me know . I would just like to put my mind at ease . Thanks so much

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I think you should trust what he told you and believe that he will be in contact when he can.  Five days feels like five months to you, but I have gone weeks at a time-and there are some women on here who have gone months at a time.  It all depends on what they are doing and how busy they are.

Katkinson
by Kristin on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

What branch is he in?  I'm used to spotty communications at best. . . Hubby is subs, and they don't always transmit and receive messages.  Once every four or five days is the norm for me. 

I agree. ..trust what hubby said.  I'm sure he's fine!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM

No experience but good luck!

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Relax. He is probably busy. No news is good news.
sahmw2010
by Beth on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I only talked to my husband once a month. At the end he had absolutely no internet access. It is very normal. And as pp said, no news is good news
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
This.

Trust me. Bad news comes much sooner.

Quoting SierraLynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

he's probably super busy. Don't worry until you know something's wrong. And right now, nothing's wrong. Just breathe. He'll contact you when he can. I know sometimes DH wouldn't contact me for days simply bc their internet was out or the power was out or because he just didn't have time. 

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

absolutely.

Quoting SierraLynn:

violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Quoting SierraLynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Militarywife07
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM

He's Navy and deployed on a ship right now.

Quoting Katkinson:

What branch is he in?  I'm used to spotty communications at best. . . Hubby is subs, and they don't always transmit and receive messages.  Once every four or five days is the norm for me. 

I agree. ..trust what hubby said.  I'm sure he's fine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)