Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Visitation

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 14 Replies

I made a post a few weeks ago about how I don't have any real visitation set up with my son's bio dad or his paternal grandparents they just text when they want him and then come get him. Well even though I know they do this I just want to say "No he is mine" of course I still let him go of course. Sometimes I have the same thoughts when my parents want to see him. I guess maybe I have separation issues??? anyone else deal with this? His dad just texted to get him this weekend. 

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Maybe if you had more of a set schedule it would be easier for you?

jtsmommie0104
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I think it would be. He says that he can't though because he is in the CG and when he is at way he doesn't know how long he will be gone or something like that. I don't know how the CG works. 

Quoting jas_momof2:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Not me. I can't wait to get rid of my children. Then again that probably has everything to do with them being teenagers LOL

jtsmommie0104
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I guess in 10-15 years I'll be texting his dad saying he needs to get him

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Not me. I can't wait to get rid of my children. Then again that probably has everything to do with them being teenagers LOL

sahmw2010
by Beth on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM

it seems to me that he would have a guestimation of how long he would be gone, like 1 month, 2 months, etc. not down to the day no, but something. I dont really deal with CG, but back home, that was the only people around and they knew that when they were heading out they would be gone for 6 months, but didnt know the EXACT day as to when they would dock. but like i said, i have no clue.

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

I think it would be. He says that he can't though because he is in the CG and when he is at way he doesn't know how long he will be gone or something like that. I don't know how the CG works. 

Quoting jas_momof2:

crazyitalian
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I feel like that to, I feel like dd is more mine than anyone elses and shes more my family than dhs family
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I felt like that at first with my oldest. But I would make myself let her go with her grandparents. She loved it, and I eventually came to realize that it was good for both of us. Now I enjoy that time. I sleep in, take longer showers, go shopping and run errands alone, and just enjoy having the house to myself.

jtsmommie0104
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I feel so selfish. 

Quoting crazyitalian:

I feel like that to, I feel like dd is more mine than anyone elses and shes more my family than dhs family

jtsmommie0104
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Well my car is not working because of flood damage and I told him I can't meet him because I don't have a car and he hasn't said anything more to me. 

Quoting usmclife58:

I felt like that at first with my oldest. But I would make myself let her go with her grandparents. She loved it, and I eventually came to realize that it was good for both of us. Now I enjoy that time. I sleep in, take longer showers, go shopping and run errands alone, and just enjoy having the house to myself.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I wouldn't worry about it then. If he really wants to see his kiddo, having to drive to see him wouldn't be an issue ;)

And selfish would be you constantly giving your kid away to anyone willing to take him so you could be alone to do whatever you want. Wanting to be with your kid is not selfish.

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

Well my car is not working because of flood damage and I told him I can't meet him because I don't have a car and he hasn't said anything more to me. 

Quoting usmclife58:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)