Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

My son.

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

slapping foreheadMy, son is leaving for basic training on Aug 27, at 1st i was felling supportive, but now that i feel its just around the corner i cant stop this feeling of overwhelming sadness. Im proud of his choice but terrified about the small things like what if he gets sick, and his siblings how will they act when he is not here. He is my oldest and has been great kid.

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Huge hugs mama. Its hard to let them fly. try to remain calm. Its ok to cry. be proud you raised a good young man !

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
*hugs* it's ok to be sad and nervous. With the unknown comes fear and uncetainty. I hope all goes well for him!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Hugs! I would be proud an scared too. Pray!
erickarubi
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM

That is exactly what i need to hear, to hear someone tell me its okay to cry, i have been asingle mom for so long and always used to doing things on my own and want to cry but try and show no emotion for his sake and the other kids sake.

erickarubi
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Prayer is all i do, I feel like keep ing all this in will eventually make me explode with emotion when i see him leave. thank you for your toughts.

cuchiae
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Been there experienced that.  He should return to you in good shape and with an increased maturity.  Hang in their.

border7305
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting erickarubi:

slapping foreheadMy, son is leaving for basic training on Aug 27, at 1st i was felling supportive, but now that i feel its just around the corner i cant stop this feeling of overwhelming sadness. Im proud of his choice but terrified about the small things like what if he gets sick, and his siblings how will they act when he is not here. He is my oldest and has been great kid.

Hi new mm and welcome to the group and to being a new blue star mom too. I'm not a new mm my son has been in for 8yrs. But if you every need some to talk to or even cry too I'm here just message me. Kept your head up I know that will fell hard some times just like being happy at times but you would not fell like a good mom if you did't. I hope you meet some good friends here, Bless your son and your family.
border7305
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Your very welcome and Bless Your Family. Have a very nice day see ya, Kim
OkieMom2673
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I totally understand. My oldest left April 2nd. I didn't get out of bed for three days after he left. Was an emotional basket case for a while. I know there are support groups here and on facebook. Get on those and ask all the questions you need. What branch is he in?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)