Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boyfriend just left for boot camp

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

Having my boyfriend leave for boot camp the other day was beyond difficult. I can't get my mind off of him and I seem to be having trouble finding ways to keep myself busy. I sit at home all the time and just think about he is gone. I know that probably isn't the best way to be handling it, but I don't know how to get myself out of this "funk". Any suggestions? ...Please...

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs.Brugger
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Get busy with stuff. Sitting around thinking about just leaves you thinking about being alone. Get up. Get out. Go do something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have friends? Go hang out with them. Do you have a job? Then pick up some more hours. Do you work out? Go to the gym! Do you write? Start writing him letters. There are so many things to do to keep yourself busy. I had a 10day old son when my husband left for basic training so it was a little easier to keep busy. If you keep thinking about it, it will drive you crazy. 

marinegf333
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Alright! Thanks so much! I guess I do have stuff to do but getting myself to do them right now is a bit challenging since all I can think about is him. I will definitely do the things you mentioned though! I actually just got done writing him a letter (:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Take a few days to be in a funk. It's OK. Then just get back into life and keep yourself busy. 

lalaballet
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Do things and take pictures to show him when you see him again. Or buy a disposable camera and send him the pictures. You will be motivated to get out and will still be thinking of him.
marinegf333
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:53 PM

That's a great idea! Thanks so much! (:

asaffell
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I give myself a day and then I suck it up and do something fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)