Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

So Dh should have been promoted several months ago, then this month....but they keep screwing up his promotion points.  He is in an MOS where the points are always really high.  This is the 4th time they have screwed up his points and left about 150 points off.  Even when they do finally fix it they can't back date his promotion, he has to wait until points drop again. They are constantly screwing up.  He made it a few months ago but had accidently dropped his promotional status!! My god how many times can these people screw up!!!  It is getting old....Sorry, had to vent....Hopefully it will be all set for next month!

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
border7305
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry they kept messing up your DH promotion, go ahead and vent. Kim
mlogsdon
by Mary on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM
My husband had a similar issue. It took three months to get fixed. It wasn't that many points though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Yeah... thats not good to do. "A lot" of people do it, but its just wrong. Its for the service member to do.

But OP, What MOS is your DH? Mine is 19D and hasn't had a big problem with points. when it does fluctuate, its never anything drastic. He is a E5 right now and has had enough points for E6 since before he was promoted and the points still haven't changed much for his MOS.

Has your DH gone to ALC? What do his NCOER's and ERS look like? That will also have an effect on his promotion and why points could be screwing up on him. It does sound like some human error though. But points fluctuate because the NCO corp can only have so many NCOs at a time within each grade and MOS.

Quoting sahmw2010:

I know my hubby was trying to get his points up and then the points u needed would raise every time we were 5-10 point. Yes i say we because i was doin the online points to help him out while he was deployed, so every time we would get the points up, the system raised the points. Thankfully he managed to get promoted shortly after he returned.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM

To say the least...

Quoting carlyshort:

I would think it would be fraud.

Quoting sahmw2010:

The wives helping do the online points? I thought it was and was hesitant at first. But next thing i know, i found that it was actually really common (well that every wife i talked to was also helping during deployment) so after his COP was blown up and they lost internet, and he emailed me when he went to the FOB asking for my help again, i said sure, and helped him out.

Quoting jas_momof2:

That should seriously be illegal...

Quoting sahmw2010:

I know my hubby was trying to get his points up and then the points u needed would raise every time we were 5-10 point. Yes i say we because i was doin the online points to help him out while he was deployed, so every time we would get the points up, the system raised the points. Thankfully he managed to get promoted shortly after he returned.

VannaMae307
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I haven't had to use CAC for mypay. He has a separate login for that. The CAC has only been used for his AKO account, you should look into trying to get a login only for mypay.
Quoting sahmw2010:

Doesnt suprise me its changed fo CAC card. Everything is, while it is good, some of it is annoying, like trying to access my husbands mypay when i have to have a copy of it. I have to wait until he is availiable to log into it for me :( lol

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I thought I had heard they changed it to needing a CAC card. I know a gal who used to do it for her friends too while they were gone! Yes it is wrong, yes it happens often!

Quoting sahmw2010:

No. It was a login and password. He gave me that info and told me what ones he wanted me to do, so I did.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sahmw2010:

I don’t understand something isn’t a service member’s CAC card needed to do these things?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM
3 moms liked this

I have no idea what all the points talk is about...the Navy doesn't work that way.  They take tests, have their records go up in front of boards, pass or don't pass the tests, get promoted or don't get promoted.  Simple as that.  I have NEVER had anything to do with my husband getting promoted and to hear a military wife say that she actually lied to get her husband promoted is beyond sad....it's shameful...and it's even more sad that it was admitted online....doing something because others do it...seriously?  What are we...8 years old?  

SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting sahmw2010:

Do you realize that this was HIGHLY illegal? There is a disclaimer when you start the course that explains this (for each course). If it were to ever be found out that your DH and you did this, your DH could be audited and his rank taken away from him, as well as additional negative action taken against him. Also, the points are not some arbitrary number that just appears. When the points drop, they drop just enough for that branch to promote the exact number of people that they need to promote. So when they go up, that just means that other people are working hard to get promoted (and most of them doing so legitimately).

Finally, the last issue that I have with this whole thing is that you have posted several times that your DH is a drill sgt. He would have never been given this position had he not made promotion points. Not only that, but he is responsible for training future soldiers and instilling them with the core values....to include integrity. Yet he is clearly lacking in that department if he allowed you to take his education courses so that he could get promoted fraudulently.

Wow....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM
5 moms liked this
I know this is going away from the op's post and I'm sorry for that

But

It pisses me off that some soldiers are so pathetic they have to steal rank by having someone else do the work.

Pathetic. Earn it the right way.

I hope the people who did this find themselves in a hard place when the army finds out

Sincerely,
A solider who earned her rank rightly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I know this is going away from the op's post and I'm sorry for that

But

It pisses me off that some soldiers are so pathetic they have to steal rank by having someone else do the work.

Pathetic. Earn it the right way.

I hope the people who did this find themselves in a hard place when the army finds out

Sincerely,
A solider who earned her rank rightly.

clapping hands photo clapping2.gif
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Incredible. The type of info some wives choose to disclose/admit on here is amazing. If only their husbands were aware of the things they put out on social media. It's time to push away from the keyboard or put the phone down. Wow.

confusedshoutingtsk tsk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)