Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

So Dh should have been promoted several months ago, then this month....but they keep screwing up his promotion points.  He is in an MOS where the points are always really high.  This is the 4th time they have screwed up his points and left about 150 points off.  Even when they do finally fix it they can't back date his promotion, he has to wait until points drop again. They are constantly screwing up.  He made it a few months ago but had accidently dropped his promotional status!! My god how many times can these people screw up!!!  It is getting old....Sorry, had to vent....Hopefully it will be all set for next month!

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Replies (31-39):
ashwee356
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM

My DH is the same way... he has been a select for almost 2 years now! It is annoying.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

My dh's promotion doesn't have anything to do with points, but it took him a year and a half this last time from when he was selected until he pinned on. They slowed promotions drastically and were only promoting 9 guys each month. They were still promoting guys selected from 2011 well into this year. It was frustrating to say the least.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM

DH needed to pass a PT test and that was all that was left for a promotion or something while he was overseas, and the day of the test he got called out on a mission and obviously they didn't reschedule a test for him or anything so he completely missed that opportunity =[

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yikes! Maybe CM would be willing to delete the incriminating comments in this thread.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM

You know what goes out in cyber space stays in cyber space...

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Yikes! Maybe CM would be willing to delete the incriminating comments in this thread.

shiningjoy
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Oh trust me, I was in the army myself for 13 years I know how it all works.  He is a 25 U. Points are always high, and usually only drop down a few times a year.  This newer point system is better.  His NCOER's are off the wall.  He hasn't had a bad one.  His weapons is maxed, PT is close.  Military education is close, it is just the college stuff, if it wasn't for them contuously screwing up the points that should be added then he would have been promoted a while back.  He is switching over to a 79R soon.  That will help, the points required is a 1/3 of what our MOS is.  He went to ALC 10 years ago, he has done BNOC, and will be leaving for Station Commander class soon.  Something I really give my husband credit for; he is an outstanding soldier, and his NCOER's reflect that.  He has more ribbons and combat time then most.  For him it is the college time. He has been deployed so much that he just hasn't had time to do it.  He is in the process of having his Military stuff transfered over into college credit.  He should end up with about 65-70 credit hours alone from military training.  I don't agree with wives and stuff doing their hubbies courses for them though. 

Quoting SierraLynn:

Yeah... thats not good to do. "A lot" of people do it, but its just wrong. Its for the service member to do.

But OP, What MOS is your DH? Mine is 19D and hasn't had a big problem with points. when it does fluctuate, its never anything drastic. He is a E5 right now and has had enough points for E6 since before he was promoted and the points still haven't changed much for his MOS.

Has your DH gone to ALC? What do his NCOER's and ERS look like? That will also have an effect on his promotion and why points could be screwing up on him. It does sound like some human error though. But points fluctuate because the NCO corp can only have so many NCOs at a time within each grade and MOS.

Quoting sahmw2010:

I know my hubby was trying to get his points up and then the points u needed would raise every time we were 5-10 point. Yes i say we because i was doin the online points to help him out while he was deployed, so every time we would get the points up, the system raised the points. Thankfully he managed to get promoted shortly after he returned.

shiningjoy
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I wish the army would go to testing some times.  I think it would help with the people that don't really know how to do their job from getting into leadership and training positions. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I have no idea what all the points talk is about...the Navy doesn't work that way.  They take tests, have their records go up in front of boards, pass or don't pass the tests, get promoted or don't get promoted.  Simple as that.  I have NEVER had anything to do with my husband getting promoted and to hear a military wife say that she actually lied to get her husband promoted is beyond sad....it's shameful...and it's even more sad that it was admitted online....doing something because others do it...seriously?  What are we...8 years old?  

border7305
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Your welcome dear, I really hope every thing works out soon. Have a nice day, Kim
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Seriously, this is one of the many things I cannot stand! I have NEVER thought to do my husbands tests or extra work from MarineNet. If your husband cannot make the time, that's his problem. I know you are not the only one, but it makes me upset when my husband makes the time to get things like this done on his own time to try to make promotion and gets passed up for others that had their wives or friends help them out like this. Where is the integrity and or pride?

Quoting sahmw2010:

The wives helping do the online points? I thought it was and was hesitant at first. But next thing i know, i found that it was actually really common (well that every wife i talked to was also helping during deployment) so after his COP was blown up and they lost internet, and he emailed me when he went to the FOB asking for my help again, i said sure, and helped him out.

Quoting jas_momof2:

That should seriously be illegal...

Quoting sahmw2010:

I know my hubby was trying to get his points up and then the points u needed would raise every time we were 5-10 point. Yes i say we because i was doin the online points to help him out while he was deployed, so every time we would get the points up, the system raised the points. Thankfully he managed to get promoted shortly after he returned.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Not everyone plays by the rules. Focus on yourself and don't get so worked up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously, this is one of the many things I cannot stand! I have NEVER thought to do my husbands tests or extra work from MarineNet. If your husband cannot make the time, that's his problem. I know you are not the only one, but it makes me upset when my husband makes the time to get things like this done on his own time to try to make promotion and gets passed up for others that had their wives or friends help them out like this. Where is the integrity and or pride?

Quoting sahmw2010:

The wives helping do the online points? I thought it was and was hesitant at first. But next thing i know, i found that it was actually really common (well that every wife i talked to was also helping during deployment) so after his COP was blown up and they lost internet, and he emailed me when he went to the FOB asking for my help again, i said sure, and helped him out.

Quoting jas_momof2:

That should seriously be illegal...

Quoting sahmw2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)