Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Soldiers Should Have Honor (SO) They Say... Wrong!

Posted by   + Show Post

I was fooled. My ex-husband and I were separated for a while, then later divorced in 2010. After finding out that he fathered another kid while we were married. Before the divorce he said that he was medically discharged from the military (back injury). When we divorced, we split everything down the middle. He and I both just had regular jobs paying about the same and each a vehicle. Everything went smooth. Until... In 2011, when he didn't show up to a scheduled court hearing. He then faxed over a copy of Military orders (deployment). So needless to say he wasn't showing up. I found out later that he had never been medically discharged, never did he take a break from the military and yes you guessed it he LIED on the divorce papers! He has been in the military since 1991 and we were married for 11 years. I contacted his commander and even someone from the JAG department. No help! I thought the military would be more supportive. Who should I talk to or how do I go about dealing with this? I know a lawyer but I have been looking for one in (Minnesota) that knows about Military Law. Should I take him back to court? Oh by the way when I asked my ex-husband about all this he stated... "I didn't have to disclose military income, benefits, pension information during the divorce process" and "the kid thing just happen". HELP me if you can!

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Replies (31-32):
KidsTea3
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I just got off the phone with a Lawyer, who works in the field of Military Law. I am scheduled to meet with him this afternoon!

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Good Luck! I was just going to ask you what part of MN...I am from there and know of a very good lawyer. If you would like, you can message me and I can get you her info if you would like it.

Quoting KidsTea3:

I just got off the phone with a Lawyer, who works in the field of Military Law. I am scheduled to meet with him this afternoon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)