Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pentagon federal?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
Has anyone ever used pentagon federal? I'm looking into it for a potential auto loan. Any experience or info would be great?
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I know someone who banks with them...  That's pretty much it though.  I mean, I haven't heard anything bad.

ccmvm
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I have had a PenFed account for years (since i was a child actually, same account). The loan rates are pretty good, although we have not gotten a loan through them yet, we did look in the past. My account pretty much just sits there since they charge fees for having a debit card (unless things changed over the years) and so I just prefer to stick with USAA for most my banking needs. Oh and they're a pain to transfer money out to another bank. Maybe i'm just spoiled with the ease of USAA that i'm not used to all that other crap.

Sorry i was probably no help, haha.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I'm looking for an auto loan myself and have thought about PenFed. I have never done business with them but my friend was able to secure an auto loan through them fairly easily. She applied online after being turned down by Capital One and USAA. She was really surprised to be turned down by USAA because she has had an account with them for a long time. But she says she is pleased with PenFed and would use them again. Sorry I can't speak on my own experience.
SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM
I was approved through USAA, but started rate shopping to see if I could find something better (USAAs rate was decent but I wanted to make sure) and Pen Fed beat their rate by about 1.25%. I just don't know of anyone who has ever used them before so it makes me apprehensive I guess.
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I have never heard of them! I have an auto loan through Sac Federal Credit Union! I am enjoying them with my loan.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I've actually never heard of them...good luck!

SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I just checked them out. They don't offer a low enough interest rate. Their A rate is between 3.24-4.99%.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I have never heard of them! I have an auto loan through Sac Federal Credit Union! I am enjoying them with my loan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Check out Navy Federal Credit Union
rates.
Katkinson
by Kristin on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Check Navy fed, too.  When we bought our cars,  they had the lowest interest rate. It is also who we bank through, but it's open to all AD or prior service members and their families. 

SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Their rates are pretty on par with USAA's. They both offer a discount if you go through their car buying service, otherwise their prime rates are at or above 2%.

Quoting Katkinson:

Check Navy fed, too.  When we bought our cars,  they had the lowest interest rate. It is also who we bank through, but it's open to all AD or prior service members and their families. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)