Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I am so glad hubby is gone right now. . .OT

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, A "higher power" may be trying to teach me a lesson.  I went to the drive-ins with a friend last weekend.  while waiting for our movie to start, I went to go get some snacks.  Long story short, there was a woman there with a big, buff guy and she was sporting a black eye. .. well you all know what I "assumed".  I immediately pitied the woman and her kids. 

So. . . now to why I'm glad hubby is gone-- I was painting the nursery, and decided to different colored trim and doors.  I opened the door to get the side, and was trying to hurry ( no ac upstairs, and it was HOT).  Opened it up right along the side of my face.  It hurt.  This am I have a big, red welt right next to my eye. 

Because of my "judgment", I would have avoided public places until it had healed if hubs was here,  thinking that others may be glaring down my husband for "beating me".    I am also thankful I chat on a regular basis with my OB and her nurse. . . . I could only imagine. 

Ok, lesson learned.  Don't judge. 

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I've hit a door knob or two in my day.
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I got a misquito bite on my eyelid once--and I am extremely allergic--and it was disturbing how many people would look at me and then quickly look away or down.  It was purple and swollen for several days to the point that I couldn't open my eye.

Sunny12345
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I can relate...my son was 6 when we were in Turkey.  He was bit by a mosquito right on the outside of his eye and it swelled shut and turned black and blue.  People acted like I socked him!  I had to explain it to everyone!

Katkinson
by Kristin on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Ha! In our home, the kid is the abusive one. . . Ds did damage to dh. TWO TIMES! The first time, ds headbutted dad who was puttimg him in time out (two at the time) and hubs sported a black eye for awhile. The second time, ds was trying to wake dad up by tackling him, and he grazed his eye, which scratched his cornea badly because he slept in his contacts. . .
Isnt it funny how no one would suspect MEof spousal abuse on hubby, but if ds had done those things to me, spouse abuse would be the first thing that came to most peoples minds. . .
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I am very accident prone. Really, Im a total klutz.

There have been a lot of instances where people have thought DH has hit me or something. I really do walk into doors and trip over nothing. I tripped over one of my daughters toys last year and slammed into the wall hard and of course I effed my shoulder up and smacked the side of my face into the wall and cracked it. I had a hair line fracture in my cheek bone. Of course the neighbors called cops thinking DH threw me into the wall or something (this was in an apartment). But nope, just klutzy me, getting my daughter ready to go to the ER to get checked out when the cops showed up. DH was in the field and had been for 4 days prior. I also had to explain to the ER that no one beat me, it was completely my own fault.

Thats just the most memorable story. Ive been klutzy my whole life.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I am so thankful we havent had issues of people assuming my hubby beats me. I have been clumsy since i learned to walk an i have bruises that i can not tell u where they came from. Within the first week of a new house i had fallen or ran into the counter so many times i had huge bruises. Back home my friebd an i have decided that i am not clumsey, objects have me on a hit list. Even in the office at work i am banging my knee on the desk, walking into door jams. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)