Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

my utility bill is what?!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM
  • 34 Replies
So I knew my utility bill would be high this month. But I was hoping it wouldnt be $221for water and electric.
But I did catch my daughter leaving her bathroom faucet running and light on through the night. Not only that, I caught her at 2am turning down our thermostat. Yup my almost 4 year old has watched me enough to know how to generally work it and says she did because her roon is hot... I apparently caught on to late in the game to help the bill.
Wtf.
But damn.
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Yikes.  Ours was $135(elec only) for a 2 story 4 bedroom. 

opal10161973
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

We are always finding TV's on in rooms where no one is in or HAS been in for hours.  Thanks kids!  O.o

Our electric bill was $227 and water was $24 this month.  Blech!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I feel your pain. Mine was $316 just for electric ... one of the reasons I didn't want to move back to TX. FML. :-(

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Holy crap! Just for electric?! Wow.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I feel your pain. Mine was $316 just for electric ... one of the reasons I didn't want to move back to TX. FML. :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM

How big and what age is your house?

We had an electric bill the first winter we moved in to our current house for $495...it's all electric, and it definitely takes more to heat then cool it.  Our bills that summer were $140-$170.  We now do budget billing so it's the same all year and then one 'adjustment' month.  Our monthly payment is $246.  Our water is seperate and it averages $65-$68, just had a rate increase.  Our house is about 3500sq ft and we keep it at 68 in the summer and now keep it at 64 in the winter.  

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Our house is bout 1600 sq ft and less then 10 years old.

Our normal bill is about $110 give or take $10. Its been like that since we moved in, in October.

Quoting Anonymous:

How big and what age is your house?

We had an electric bill the first winter we moved in to our current house for $495...it's all electric, and it definitely takes more to heat then cool it.  Our bills that summer were $140-$170.  We now do budget billing so it's the same all year and then one 'adjustment' month.  Our monthly payment is $246.  Our water is seperate and it averages $65-$68, just had a rate increase.  Our house is about 3500sq ft and we keep it at 68 in the summer and now keep it at 64 in the winter.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Wow! Though our water bill went up $20 since last month, but our electic actually went down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I just came off the guaranteed flat rate billing.for our move.

I'm really scared to see what our bill will be.
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Wth?

Ive never heard of this guaranteed flat rate billing!

Quoting Anonymous:

I just came off the guaranteed flat rate billing.for our move.

I'm really scared to see what our bill will be.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Time to invest in one of these Thermostat Guard . ;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)