Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Switching it up on me again.

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
Though this time I think he's serious. DH has been working on reenlistment for a while now and things keep getting in the way (no slot, EFMP problems, etc.), and while we were on leave last week, he decided hes done. He is taking all the trouble as some sort of sign to get out. Sooooo, now I have to make a plan for going back to a non-military life lol. I can handle it either way, I just wish this man would make up his mind and keep it made up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Geez! Though I don't think guys can really make up their mind well. It seems my husband always says he wants to do something different, and always comes back to being a mechanic. It's what he has known for so long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Mary on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Mines a mechanic now, but I don't think he can do much with it yet in the civilian world. He'd need all sorts of certifications and training on the electric/computer aspect of the job. I don't know what he's going to do lol. I hope the transition classes (ACAP I think?) help him figure that out.

Quoting violinjewel:

Geez! Though I don't think guys can really make up their mind well. It seems my husband always says he wants to do something different, and always comes back to being a mechanic. It's what he has known for so long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM

He could always check out the Helmet to Hard hat program.  They train ex-military to do a trade in the labor unions for free.  My DH did the electrical one, and worked as an electrician apprentice for a while when he was out of the military.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Mines a mechanic now, but I don't think he can do much with it yet in the civilian world. He'd need all sorts of certifications and training on the electric/computer aspect of the job. I don't know what he's going to do lol. I hope the transition classes (ACAP I think?) help him figure that out.

Quoting violinjewel:

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I'm sorry, that has to be really frustrating.  Maybe the wind will blow differently and all the paperwork will suddenly get done.

mlogsdon
by Mary on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Awesome, thank you! I hadn't heard of that program.

Quoting TonyaLea:

He could always check out the Helmet to Hard hat program.  They train ex-military to do a trade in the labor unions for free.  My DH did the electrical one, and worked as an electrician apprentice for a while when he was out of the military.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMRios
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM

My husband is so indecisive too... Never about getting out though! Good luck to you! :)

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

:-\ 

DH took some of the troubles as a sign he really needed to get out as well. hah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)