Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Mee

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Sarah, I'm 18 years old and pregnant with my first child. My boyfriend and baby daddy left for marine boot camp on Sunday and I'm absolutely devastated. It is way harder than I ever thought it would be and I'm having a hard time coping and thought that talking to other people in my situation would help a great deal and answer questions because I feel rude always texting his recruiter, I feel bothersome
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:38 PM

You probably are bothering the recruiter.  He has a job to do and it isnt about taking care of baby mamas.  You are not married to him and the military does not even consider that you exist.  Its time to grow up and put on your big girl pants.  Here is the deal:  He will be gone and will not be in touch very much during boot camp.  He will not be around very much and you will have to do things for yourself.  Sorry to be blunt, but this appears every.single.day.  Please use birth control in the future.

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Seriously? Use birth control in the future? Where did she ask for your advice about procreating or regulating her choices?

OP what types of questions do you have? Some of the woman in here are very knowledgeable and as a military spouse/gf/mother etc its safe to say we have all experienced having to do alot of things solo when our servicemember is away due to military obligations and dealing with the various feelings that go along with it all. So you aren't alone and this group can be a great source for support.  Welcome.

Quoting Anonymous:

You probably are bothering the recruiter.  He has a job to do and it isnt about taking care of baby mamas.  You are not married to him and the military does not even consider that you exist.  Its time to grow up and put on your big girl pants.  Here is the deal:  He will be gone and will not be in touch very much during boot camp.  He will not be around very much and you will have to do things for yourself.  Sorry to be blunt, but this appears every.single.day.  Please use birth control in the future.

Katkinson
by Kristin on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
General rule of thumb:: if you have to post anonymously, your response is probably too rude. . . .

Hugs, and you will get through. One day at a time. My hubs is not in your branch, but im sure someone here can help you out.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

The anon did have a point.  You have two feet, op - learn to stand on them.  Welcome to the group.  Feel free to ask what you want...

Sunny12345
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Sarah, from what I hear, Marine bootcamp is the longest of all the branches.  Don't bother the recruiter.  Once your boyfriend left for bootcamp, the recruiter's job was done.  You probably won't hear from him for quite a while.  While the advice from earlier was a little harsh, some of it was very sound.   You're getting a big dose of reality at 18 with being pregnant and alone.  So this is what I did when I was a young military wife...tell yourself it's time to be strong, do what need to be done, keep busy until the call comes in, and be happy when it does.  Hope this all goes well for you! 

japanmommy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:34 AM
2 moms liked this
I remember when dh left, I was 19 and we were engaged.

Hit me hard, I had a horrible time coping and I wasn't even prego! I hope you have a smooth pregnancy :)

Find friends and activities. Write some letters to mail him as soon as you get an address. My husband really looked forward to the letters. Be positive in them but don't pretend everything is just fine if its not, just attempt to make him feel like you will be ok.

It does get easier. Soon you'll be jaded and just as mean as other people in this group! Jk lol, please don't do that. Some people forget what it was like in the beginning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. I would probably stop texting the recruiter. Ask any questions you like here :) lots of women have been through what you're going through, or something similar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moomoo22x
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't really texted him, the only thing I texted him was if I would be able to call my boyfriend when the baby comes or not because he won't be here.
And as for "annonymous" that was rude and I don't need you to tell me to use birth control. I am in control of my life and going through alot. This is all new to me and I'm coping the best I can. And the recruiter said that he would do anything he could to help as he would for my boyfriend. I would appreciate if you felt the need to post something rude don't post at all. You aren't required to post.
But thanks to everyone else who's said something helpful
Perfect.Pixie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Find things to keep you occupied. Get a good support system going. I can't speak for the others but that hollow feeling doesn't leave. Every time Dh goes out for an extended period of time, I have that feeling (and he had been in for over 10!). Good luck
ac10
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately, OP this quote is a prime example of the bitchy-ness you will experience as a signifcant other in the USMC. Breathe. Keep yourself very busy and it will go by faster.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)