Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

contract marriage horror stories?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
anyone know of any? I know a girl who is considering it for health insurance. I'd like to have some really bad stories to convince her to NOT seek that out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SierraLynn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I've never known of one that had a happy ending...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I haven't ever either, but I have never known anyone who was part of one. I know if the military finds out, then you have to pay back any benefits you used during the marriage, like health insurance. she has ALOT of on going health problems...so it would be in the 100s of 1000s.

Quoting SierraLynn:

I've never known of one that had a happy ending...
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:31 PM

they generally do not end well and are considered fruadulant in the military.

she would be party to a felony offense and could face years in a federal prison.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Tell her you'll turn her in for fraud...  That should give her a second thought...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
hahahaha, yeah it probably would lol.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Tell her you'll turn her in for fraud...  That should give her a second thought...

violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Tell her it's fraud against the federal government, might scare her. Though the way people are so entitled lately, who knows:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMRios
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I have seen 2... One ended in divorce after she got pregnant and decided she was gay... Yeah screwed him! The other couple is still married but she wanted a husband and he wanted BAH.. They have 2 bank accounts, his money, her money... All of the bills are split in half... A crappy way to live IMO...

crazyitalian
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM
A close family friend married her best guy friend for the benefits but he developed stronger feelings for her and went psycho on her, yeah it didnt work out.....
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Yep.  This.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)