Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Intimidating...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

and apparently a bully at work.  LOL  Chit hit the fan yesterday and I verbally vomited in the Command Suite.  Coincidentally, today there was an email on Workplace Violence and Acceptable Workplace Behavior.  I feel special!

It's about time somebody notices what I do at work.  LOL

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I promise to never piss you off! Heehee
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM
3 moms liked this

I think that was one of the best compliments I have ever received (being called intimidating).

Dani_Lynn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I promise to never piss you off! Heehee

Seriously, I was laughing out loud!  The person I went off on has a chip on her shoulder where I'm concerned anyhow and I have REAAAALLLY been trying very hard to bide my time since she's gone in a month or two anyhow.  But ya know, everyone has a breaking point and I hit it yesterday after someone (another civilian) was pissed that after I did her job (which she gets paid at least 3x as much as me) between being the only person at my level to run an entire clinic (with the outgoing DCCS's boss) along with being assigned to a full time provider who sees only acutes.  Every day is like a box of chocolates with her because we never know what we're gonna get.  So yeah, after doing the job of 4 people when some can't even do their 1...it was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Dani_Lynn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

The thing is, I totally "What you see is what you get" and I "call it like I see it".  I don't sugar coat anything for anyone, but I am also very non-confrontational.   I am just very sarcastic.  So it's not always what I say that gets me in trouble, but how I say it.  I tend to be quite blunt and the filter doesn't kick in until it's already come out.

The way the policy was worded though, you think I would have been two  inches from their face or swinging a baseball bat.  She said she has an open door policy and the POS that can't do her job after being retrained multiple times was in there "tattling" on me because I didn't have what she asked for, so in order to "keep it on the lowest level", I told her she could say what she had to say to my face.  I then proceeded to tell them I was sick of doing J's job and was just plain sick of the DCCS.  Threw the stupid HEDIS list on the table and told her to do her own damn job and walked out.  DCCS told me I had to come back and I refused....but there's that little niggling thought that "shit, she IS my supervisor's supervisor" so I returned...still hotter than a habanero pepper.  She told me to sit down.  I wouldn't and told her so...I was too mad.  I couldn't have sat down if I wanted to.  That's when she said I was intimidating because she chose to sit in the chair behind her desk.  I was still over 3 feet away.  LOL  In the end though, I did sit down and basically laid out every single bitch I ever had with the place (which is mainly the command suite personnel).  I actually really like the people I work with in the clinic.  :)

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Deep breath :) 

Dani_Lynn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

The environment there just really blows and I gotta get it out...so I don't verbally vomit again!  Now there's a policy and they could actually fire me (please?).  LOL

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
You reminded me of why I don't miss working in health care. No wait .. why i don't miss working with a bunch of women. LOL
violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I'm about to blow up at my job too, and that's very not like me. I'm just at the end of my rope with some things there:/ At least you feel better for the moment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

No doubt!  I'm praying I get accepted to the program I applied for so I can seriously reduce my time there (especially after my provider PCS's because unless they send me back to peds, there isn't anyone left that I have any desire to work with with the exception of continuing as the Chief Nurse for Ad Med).  <--Yep, I work with teens with more maturity!

Dani_Lynn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Yeah, I mutter stuff under my breath (in my office) all the time...but I usually let stuff just slide.  But one can only be pushed so far.  I want to be like everyone else and push my work off on someone else or say "not my job...it's so-so's".  And the lazy do-nothings are the ones that get rewarded.  Makes me want to be a POS, too!

Quoting violinjewel:

I'm about to blow up at my job too, and that's very not like me. I'm just at the end of my rope with some things there:/ At least you feel better for the moment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)