Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Dh's pay all screwed up!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 33 Replies

So I look on mypay this morning and what do I see in the bow that says what his pay is this paycheck? $455.82!!!! WHAT THE HELL?! Apparently after my husband got done with school last October they never restarted his meal deductions so we now owe the government $2,100 which they decided to take out in $625 incriments. No last month this paying back stuff was suppose to start but it didnt and now PSD took it upon themselves to double the amount (we were only suppose to have to pay $300) which now leaves us unablet o pay half our bills. What in the world am I suppose to do?? I'm gunna have like a freaking panic attack if I can't figure out what to do here. My mom said something about a request for full audit but idk how to do that. Help :(

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Call each person you owe money to and explain the situation. Some of them may be willing to help you out and excuse late fees, etc.

Amcclaskey5
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM

all our stuff comes out of allotment from his mypay or through our bank so it's pretty much already come out of his pay and it's too late to stop it at this point

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Something similar happened to us. Im anon because its really really dumb. We had our first PCS and we did a partial dity. We didnt pay enough attention to the numbers because apparently they overpaid us by just over $6000. So for year his paychecks were about $500 less and he was an E-3. I couldnt work because my son had medical issues and needed one on one care by me. It was very financially hard.

How many months are your payments at 625? Is it just this one month to catch up? Your bills will likely understand. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Quoting Amcclaskey5:

all our stuff comes out of allotment from his mypay or through our bank so it's pretty much already come out of his pay and it's too late to stop it at this point

In that case you can file for an emergency loan. We are air force and they are called AER loans. They are interest free. They dont go off of credit or anything. 

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Well, unfortunately I do not think there is anything you can do now. This is one reason I do not do allotments and such. It is great until something comes up. 

Do you have things you can sell? People you can borrow from? I hope you can find something to get buy. I know how bad it sucks to be scraping. We will be doing that this month because of a broken AC, my youngest starting daycare, and I start school (and I have a lot still to pay for before the 19th).

Amcclaskey5
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:04 PM

it's suppose to be 6 months but who knows probably longer now actually. I hope it was just to catchup. We are behind 3 payments on DH's truck becuase of his screwy paycheck and Navy Federal basically said screw you give us all the money you owe on the 1st. Our phone bill idk if I can put that on hold or not, and our USAA is only 25$ so that isnt a big deal. Luckily DH is going out to sea alomst the whole month fo August and I'll be staying with my parents so I don't need to buy food really until September. I'm just over this crap, they did it when we got out BAH too and overpayed us by like 5k and that sucked so much having to pay that back but we didnt have a baby then s oit didnt hit us as hard as it is now

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Why did you guys not notify them when you saw they were still paying the meal allotment?

If you all ( and your dh should have) knew, you could have been putting it back for when, (and there's always a when) they wanted their money back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I've never had a overpayment issue. Ever. How can you all be late on truck payment if this is the first payment.

You guys sound like a financial hot mess and yes part of the blame is you and your dh's fault.

Quoting Amcclaskey5:

it's suppose to be 6 months but who knows probably longer now actually. I hope it was just to catchup. We are behind 3 payments on DH's truck becuase of his screwy paycheck and Navy Federal basically said screw you give us all the money you owe on the 1st. Our phone bill idk if I can put that on hold or not, and our USAA is only 25$ so that isnt a big deal. Luckily DH is going out to sea alomst the whole month fo August and I'll be staying with my parents so I don't need to buy food really until September. I'm just over this crap, they did it when we got out BAH too and overpayed us by like 5k and that sucked so much having to pay that back but we didnt have a baby then s oit didnt hit us as hard as it is now

Amcclaskey5
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM

They just told us about this overpayment thing last week but said it would only be 300 a month and come to find out today its gunna be 625. DH realized it last month and told PSD and they told him it would be handled and it get got handled so we racked up more debt. And yeah our finances are kinda screwy right now, his truck borke down in june and we have had to fix it so it can pass inspection and he can get on base to work so thats why we havent been able to pay it. And he made some bad financial choices before he met me and now we are paying for it

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM

um, yeah...good luck...  When you owe the gvt they take it - they don't care what your situation is.  It's best to try to get a loan or borrow from family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)