Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What do you think?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
My husband's 1st sgt made him wait after PT the other day to talk to him. He said he doesn't want DH getting out, said he sees a lot of potential in him, sees himself in DH, etc, and asked what he could do to keep him in. He's gonna make some calls and see if he can help DH out with what he was trying to do.

My question is: is this something that's common? DH seems to think the 1st sgt was just blowing smoke, and that all the good things he said about him were BS. I don't think that's something he'd waste his time doing if he didn't mean it. This guy has NO problem telling everyone when they screw up, so I don't think he'd go out of his way to make DH feel good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this

In my experience, if superiors don't think a person is good at their job, they don't encourage them to stay in :)  The 1st sgt has nothing to lose by your DH getting out, so why would he BS?  I am sure he meant what he said.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

it's quite common as that's part of their job...  Unless your dh was a douche they wanted to get rid of anyway, that is - then they wouldn't do anything.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
1sg has better shit to do than hand out pats on the back. I'm sure he probably meant it
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I thought they didn't really care. Retention NCO maybe.

Quoting jas_momof2:

it's quite common as that's part of their job...  Unless your dh was a douche they wanted to get rid of anyway, that is - then they wouldn't do anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:58 PM
That was my feeling.

Quoting TonyaLea:

In my experience, if superiors don't think a person is good at their job, they don't encourage them to stay in :)  The 1st sgt has nothing to lose by your DH getting out, so why would he BS?  I am sure he meant what he said.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN