Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

More Army PCS Questions

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:11 AM
  • 35 Replies

DH & I are PCSing to Campbell in late September or October...

You all have already helped me with some questions... I called DH's recruiter and he answered some questions about it...

He mentioned calling the transportation office, the finance office (to get a travel advance), and he mentioned JPPSO....

We still don't have paper orders, but when we do... who do we need to contact first? I want to make sure we have all we need lined out, have all our ducks in a row, whatever you wanna call it LOL.

I hate not being able to do much without the paper orders. But any advice on who to contact first and things we need to do ASAP is appreciated. Thanks!

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:37 AM
2 moms liked this

your DH will take car of this at BC, they will walk him thru the entire process. there is no "we" - he will have to do it all from BC

HE cannot do anything without hard copy orders.

all you have to do is wait- there is nothing you can do.

I know it is hard to be patient and you want answers- but unfortunatly the first move is the hardest and he will have to do everything himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM
This. And get used to this motto: "hurry up and wait"

Quoting gunsgirl:

your DH will take car of this at BC, they will walk him thru the entire process. there is no "we" - he will have to do it all from BC

I know it is hard to be patient and you want answers- but unfortunatly the first move is the hardest and he will have to do everything himself.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Yup - what gg said...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM

What they said...good luck!

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM

They will go over all this with him and he will get things taken care of.

NorCalMom09
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I was asking for US so I can let HIM know.

I said I know we can't do anything without the hard copy orders... I'm trying to give him a heads up about what he's going to need to do.

There is a WE I can still try to be knowledable of the things HE needs to do.

Quoting gunsgirl:

NorCalMom09
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Yeah thanks for that useless piece of information Anon. I'm familiar with this already.

Quoting Anonymous:

This. And get used to this motto: "hurry up and wait"

Quoting gunsgirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

an army wife in all of 2 minutes and she's already a smart ass. hate new military wives. why don't you just do what military wives used to do before the internet and just figure shit out yourself. military wives of today....

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
http://www.militaryonesource.mil/MOS/f?p=PMM:1:0

Sorry I can't make it clicky from my kindle.
thin.n.thick1
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM

There are these awesome people who work her local ACS building, that I am sure would be very welcoming to answer any and all of her questions. Just takes walking outside.

Quoting Anonymous:

an army wife in all of 2 minutes and she's already a smart ass. hate new military wives. why don't you just do what military wives used to do before the internet and just figure shit out yourself. military wives of today....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)