Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Airman Makes Amazing Dunk in Combat Fatigues & Boots!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Airman Makes Amazing Dunk in Combat Fatigues & Boots! (VIDEO)

by Jacqueline Burt

airman dunk

Most members of the Air Force can fly, right? But how many of them can make that (admittedly awesome no matter what) claim ... without the help of an airplane of some kind? Airman Nathaniel Mills of Douglasville, Georgia can -- as anyone who saw Thursday's USA Basketball Showcase in Las Vegas can attest. Forget LeBron James: When Mills was asked to try to dunk during a break, the Airman didn't let his combat fatigues or heavy boots stop him. Nope! Mills grabbed that ball and proceeded to throw down a windmill jam that made even Carmelo Anthony of the NY Knicks go crazy! 

And with good reason! I don't know if Mills has a secret history as a basketball prodigy or if he's really good at that Peter Pan "think happy thoughts" trick or if he moonlights as one of Santa's reindeer or what, but dang! Dude can jump!! And according to him, what you're about to watch isn't even his best: 

"You should see me without fatigues and without boots," he said. 

Whoa! Check it out:

Impressive, no?? I don't think I could pull something like that off with a trampoline and pair of moon boots. (Do they still make those? Anyway.)

Have you ever seen a non-professional basketball player make a dunk like this?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I've seen non professionals dunk.

The announcer was driving me crazy. He isn't a solider. He's an airman.

We don't walk around asking a solider if he can walk without a gun or a seaman if he can swim without a ship. Why this play on words all the time when it comes to airmen?

Ugh sorry. Just bothers me a bit. Lol
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Um..yeah...  I don't understand why this is such a big deal.  Has anyone ever gone to a squadron picnic?  Check out the courts.  It's done everyday by many different people.

Slow news day?

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM

soldiers generally refers to those in the Army. That's all she means by that.

Quoting border7305:

Cool Michelle, he's a sra. And a cop.. And yes airmen are soldiers too Just ask my son he even wears a Army patch on his AF uniform. Any man/women serving in the Military is a soldier. Why do you think they are all called our Troops.... Kim

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM

impressive dunk. I surely can't even get the stupid ball in standing in one spot let alone while i'm running around lol.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM

What patch? 

Quoting border7305:

Cool Michelle, he's a sra. And a cop.. And yes airmen are soldiers too Just ask my son he even wears a Army patch on his AF uniform. Any man/women serving in the Military is a soldier. Why do you think they are all called our Troops.... Kim

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I cannot wait to hear this.

Quoting jas_momof2:

What patch? 

Quoting border7305:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashwee356
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Um no, Soilder refers to someone in the Army. An Airman is someone in the AIR FORCE.

My DH also wears an "Army patch" (actually it is a badge) on his ABUs every single day, but he is an Airman. It is not really an "Army patch" although he did earn it at Army Airborne school at Fort Benning. It is considered an Air Force badge or "jump wings". Oh yeah and DH is security forces too.. . eh, or a cop.

I am curious of this patch you speak of..

Quoting border7305:

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummm, wrong.  That's like calling a Marine an airmen.  They are not interchangeable.   Army= soldier.  Air Force= airmen.  Marines= Marine.  Navy = seamen.

Quoting border7305:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

He probably told you to quit because you're posting his business to strangers on the internet.

Quoting border7305:

Quoting jas_momof2:

(Army Patch) not (AF Badge) with a Helicopter on it, My Son Said ask your Husband and also Told me to Quit this Group... Kim

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Wait a minute ... where did the last reply go? I LOL'd and totally agree! Ü

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)