• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Housing question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

We live in privitized housing on post and last week our basement flooded. I called maintance and they sent someone out right away well when he arrived i was in the basement throwing all our wet stuff out of the water on to the dry floor. Well that night we get a call that the maintance guy filed a health and welfare report saying our kids were in urine soaked clothing, we had poop all over the floor, there was so much stuff on the floor there was not a path way to get around the house. I was/am so upset. First off i only had a few toys on the floor and the dished needed washed, second my younger 2 kids were taking naps he never saw them and my 6yo did not have pee clothes on.  My husbands LT came over the next day to check on things and saw that our house was clean plus hubbys friends who have been to our house told him its never messy except for toys when the kids are awake. I am wondering if there is anything hubby or I can do about this man making a false report?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thin.n.thick1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:17 PM

When workers come by, they over exagerate EVERYTHING! They are supposed to report anything that is out of the ordinary (I don't know how the fV(K spotless with kids is ordinary). Does not matter if you are removing wet items out of a soaked basement.

I had one of my soldiers get a complaint when his ceiling collapsed in the kitchen, and after they removed the broken items and inspector came to assess the damage, he filed a report saying unsanitary  (there was drywall dust over everything you putz).

It is common to get these complaints on any post. I am sorry it happened to you, but they have a reason for doing it. There are some NASTY people that live on posts, so they just report everything. Keep yourself clean and you don't ahve anything to worry about. I am sure you do as mother. hope this helps.

sahmw2010
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Im sorry. They do have a tendency to do this. They filed neglect on me because my ds was filthy.. He was in his high hair eating speghetti, and u expect a kid to be CLEAN?! Lol.
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM

http://ice.disa.mil/

Sorry that happened to you! 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM

You can complain to the housing office... or ICE like was suggested.  What is it your wanting to do?

Mrs.Brugger
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Wow! :( sorry mama!
crazyitalian
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Ive never experienced that, where did they get the poop thing from? Sounds weird
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow. That is VERY weird that he would say those things if there was nothing wrong. There had to be SOMETHING that triggered him to make a report. That is a disadvantage of base housing, them sticking their noses in your business and alerting your dhs command. Not sure what or anything you can do now.

carlyshort
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never in my career had a false report be filed on anyone. Exaggerated a bit; yes but for them to say there was poop and not be any is just odd to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Go to housing and explain but it’ll be your word against the maintenance man. Sure hope they don’t make surprise inspections from now on since you’re on their list now. :-/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Quoting sahmw2010:

Im sorry. They do have a tendency to do this. They filed neglect on me because my ds was filthy.. He was in his high hair eating speghetti, and u expect a kid to be CLEAN?! Lol.

Oh my goodness. Did this seriously happen?! Whoever reported you obviously does not have kids. I have never seen a child who eats spagetti peacefully lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)