Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

OT-- Childcare... Is this reasonable?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 24 Replies
I am in the process of finding before and after school care/emergency sitter prospects. Really, we only need someone to pickup our children from our house and drop them off at their respective schools (approximately two minutes from our house). We might need after school pickup on occasion, but I will most likely be home before the bus. Does $100/week sound reasonable? We will pay the flat fee whether or not we use them. And, if we need emergency full-time care, the provider would receive the flat fee plus an hourly. I'm new to the childcare thing, so I don't want to insult anyone or give away the college funds.
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

if you found someone nearby, i would say $100/week to drive them to school is very generous...VERY. but i don't know much about the money side of that kind of thing. 

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Holy crap that's awesome!
I watch my cousins kids after school for 2 hours till their mom gets off work. I get $60 a week (no complaints I didn't want payment since its family but they wouldn't let me do it without compensation).
mlogsdon
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd say that's very good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Well, hell. Now I'm wondering if I need to revise my thinking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that's reasonable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Very generous. I am thinking of doing this exact scenerio with an aquaintance (she is the worker) and I was only going to ask for $50. It is 1 hour before school and 1 hour after. No driving, her kids will bus with mine.

anlei05
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you will insult anyone at all with that amount- it's very generous. =) You're talking about 10 minutes out of their day and occasional after school pick up. Definitely nice and easy money for someone though. I would think $50-60 would be fair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

More than fair. 

crazyitalian
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM
How many kids and do they have to get them ready at all?
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
3. No, they will be dressed and have eaten before I leave for work. All the caregiver will need to do is check backpacks and make certain they are ready to head out the door.

Quoting crazyitalian:

How many kids and do they have to get them ready at all?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)