Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Tips for sleep issues after deployment?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

DH has had issues falling asleep for the past 3 years since returning from Iraq. He has tried: reading before bed, melatonin, cutting out all caffeine but to no aviail so now he just stays up until about 2am to exhaust himself and wakes up anywhere between 7-8:30 am. He still tosses and turns all night.

Anyone elses SO have similar issues and have you found anything that helps?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM
My husband had similar problem. He ended up having ptsd and tbi. He went to VA for help and they gave him medication to help him sleep.
usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Have him look into Gaba. It works very well for me.

gatorswife1401
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
My dh has this issue as well. He went to the VA and they told him he has PTSD plus other issues. But nothing has really helped him yet.
mlogsdon
by Mary on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM
No experience, sorry. Mine has the opposite problem and sleeps reallllllly heavy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Did the sleep medicine help him at all?

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband had similar problem. He ended up having ptsd and tbi. He went to VA for help and they gave him medication to help him sleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM

yes it did. he is doing a million times better now. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did the sleep medicine help him at all?

Quoting Anonymous:

crazyitalian
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM
My dh was the opposite if we wernt on the move he would pass out, but I cant sleep so id like to read the suggestions
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Same here!  LOL!

Quoting mlogsdon:

No experience, sorry. Mine has the opposite problem and sleeps reallllllly heavy.

beloved9
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:25 AM
I have extreme insomnia, what helps me ( at times) is white noise like wind or ocean sounds, I take a bath with lavender, spray my pillows with a clean linen smell, light candles for the soft glow, evena small lamp keeps me stimulated, and I drink hot tea ( decaf ) and Ambein helps, also makingthe room cold ( really cold). Some nights it works, some it doesn't, on those nights I watch anything about history or science, but then my brain really starts thinking but sometimes I get bored and pass out LOL
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:17 AM

What does his dr say?  Our MTF has a program for this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)