Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband cheated on me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

During his last overseas tour, my husband contracted herpes-2. He claims he was under the influence and the woman took "unfair" advantage of him.

I don't know if I'm more upset that he wasn't capable of controlling the situation, or the fact he had unprotected sex with a stranger and then with me. I feel robbed, not only of my trust and the sanctity of our marriage, but also of my dignity, my self-image and my future.

I have decided to stay in this marriage. How could anyone else love me if he knew? I have grilled my husband with accusations and questions. How can we put this behind us and have a happy marriage again? Every time I have an outbreak, I'm reminded of what he did to us. Now, because I loved and trusted my husband, I must live with this for the rest of my life. Can you help me to heal my heart -- or should I just leave?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I honestly wouldn't stay....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Id leave sorry
bahamamama61
by Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I would leave
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katlynfish
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not sure what I would do, other than Pray  about the situation, I am offering ((BIG)) hugs to you, and a shoulder and an ear if you should ever need it, I am sorry Mama I know this has to hurt badly. hugging

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM
4 moms liked this

If you both are committed to make it work - counseling for both of you and time for yourself.  While the trust was taken away in an instant, it's going to take a long time for him to build it and for you to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM

pray, get into counseling, have to really figure out how to forgive.. :( I know it is easier said than done. 

BellaRose17
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Oh my God :( I'm so sorry. I have no idea what I would do.

Perfect.Pixie
by Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Therapy and open communication. Don't keep things in, it will only cause a snowball effect.
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM
i agree with this whole heartedly!

Quoting jas_momof2:

If you both are committed to make it work - counseling for both of you and time for yourself.  While the trust was taken away in an instant, it's going to take a long time for him to build it and for you to deal with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I really wish I had some advice. *hugs*  i'm so sorry =[

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)