Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What would you military spouse think

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
My husband is the leader of his squad which is all 3 girls and he is the only guy. And he has been hiding things from me about them that's pissing me off and making me wonder what's going on

So I came home from work one day, I saw a papa john's pizza box on the coffee table, I go and open the box. One pizza slice was left and the yellow pepper and butter that comes with it was eaten. I said to the husband, "you ordered pizza, I thought you didn't like the butter and pepper(he never eats it when we order)"...and he goes"oh I ate it this time". So I went and showered.

When I came back out I wanted to eat the left over slice. Then I noticed a hair tie on the table that clearly is not mine. Then I also notice my Rockband game was out and went to the bedroom and asked the husband why he had girls over. He said "oh I asked the girls from my squad to dropped by since they were out shopping". I go "why do you have to ask them? You never ask anyone to come over(his guy friends come on their own free will)". Then I go "why do have do lie about eating the pepper and butter from the pizza, you never eat them. You could've just let me know you're inviting your girl coworkers over."... I got annoyed and left it at that, it just felt so wrong..

Later I also found out he was buying one of his coworker lunch all the time when they go out. Because there would always be a large charged on our account when he goes to mcdonalds or whatever. I confronted him and go "why do you have to buy her lunch all the time, you guys make the same,she has her own money"... he goes "oh she is broke cause she sends her son money"...

Okay, I brush that off. Whatever.

Then we go to a going away party for one of his guy friend. And one of his girl coworker was there. The whole time he was just teasing her and her teasing him back. He would go "you suck at this game..blah blah blah". And he says nothing to me the whole party. Before we left he lightly punch her on the shoulder. And they exchange goodbyes.

Okay, fine.

One time husband came home and quickly ate the cupcakes his girl coworker gave him. And threw it in the trash. I asked him "you never eat the sweets I make you(brownies,cupcakes,etc, and I'm not a bad cook either), oh did your girl coworker make them especially for you?"... he got mad and didn't want to talk..

What do you guys think if that was your husband?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM
10 moms liked this
He's on the road to destroy his career. There is no reason for him to hang out with females on a personal level. None.
HisUsmcWifey
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

um I would think he's full of shit and lying to you. He's hiding something and i'd be all oer his ass like white on rice.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM

If what you're saying is true, sounds a little inappropriate to me. My husband is a squad leader as well but isnt around females. He doesnt even do that kind of stuff with his male joes. They never come to our house (except Thanksgiving) and he doesnt just go hang out with them either. He'll buy lunch sometimes for a few of they guys if they are broke and they are having a platoon lunch, but never just goes to lunch with a few of them.

The whole situation sounds weird to me. But my husband cant handle being around most females, he is an asshole. Lol

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I agree with this.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

um I would think he's full of shit and lying to you. He's hiding something and i'd be all oer his ass like white on rice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Dh will buy pizza every now and then, but they eat at the office.  What your dh is doing is inappropriate and can be taken the wrong way by someone higher than he.  If that happens, he can kiss his career bye bye.  But that's just the military aspect.  On a personal aspect, I would be ticked and we would be having a long discussion as to what is appropriate and what is not.

Katkinson
by Kristin on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Well, my husband is a submariner, so I really have to worry if he's touching a co-worker's shoulder, buying them lunch all the time, having them over to the house in secret, and receiving treats from them ( although one guy bribed hubby with a BOX of kit kats to run electrical cables through his office on the boat)

HOWEVER, if the situation was different ( say if he worked with females and was on a surface ship) I would clearly state the behavior is not ok.  I would let him know he was crossing a line and disrespecting our marraige. 

Not everyone may feel that way, but I personally do.  Whether that is the right answer or not, I can't tell you.  It's just how I feel and how I would handle the situation.  HTH!

Whatever you do, don't instantly go in attack mode.  Talk about how you feel and what your concerns are.  NO pointing fingers, otherwise he's likely to get really defensive. 

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Also, they are not jus this co-workers. They are his subordinates and casually hanging out is considered a no go. He is their leader, not their friend.

Have him re-read the last 2 sentences of the NCO Creed.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Inappropriate behavior. He is their leader, not their friend. He may want to rethink his position.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Sorry but that wouldn't fly in our house. Hubby has had women co workers and only once did one cross the line. I watched her two kids one night, she was 3 hours late with no phone call and then tried to kiss my hubby in my living room. She claims she had too much to drink, she wasn't drunk just stupid.
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
No bueno.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)