Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Washing uniforms

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 21 Replies
My husband just bought four new uniforms and I wash them and hang them up to dry. I cant stand they way they smell. He said it has to do with the bug repellant on them. I can smell it when I open the washer and then the bathroom where I hang them up to dry smells while they are drying. YUCK
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM

yuck, DH does his own and takes them to the cleaners. I have no idea what they smell like.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Dh's doesn't smell...  Or maybe I've just gotten used to it?

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I'm with this one!

Quoting jas_momof2:

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Your dh is in the USMC right? I don't think the MC uniform has bug repellant lol. I was joking with my dh about that when we were walking through the store and I saw the Air Force uniform has bug repellant uniforms. All I know for sure is my DH's never has a smell other than dirt or gun cleaning stuff.

Quoting jas_momof2:

dalbax2
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Can you wash them in hot water?  Don't know if that would help.

wish_hope
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I do wash them in hot water. His old ones didnt smell which is why I said something to him because there was this chemical smell after I opened the washer. That is when he told me about the bug repellant.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM
My dh is a Marine and he said that his uniforms do.have bug repplenent on them. But his have been worn and washed so much that it has come off.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Your dh is in the USMC right? I don't think the MC uniform has bug repellant lol. I was joking with my dh about that when we were walking through the store and I saw the Air Force uniform has bug repellant uniforms. All I know for sure is my DH's never has a smell other than dirt or gun cleaning stuff.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM

i've never noticed a smell...

wish_hope
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Hopefully the smell will lessen then since it does wash off. 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

My dh is a Marine and he said that his uniforms do.have bug repplenent on them. But his have been worn and washed so much that it has come off.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Katkinson
by Kristin on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM

DH is navy, his smell like Aimene ( spelling)  I used to hate that smell, but now I love it. . . It means he's HOME!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)