Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

BE AWARE!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 17 Replies
3 moms liked this

Without divulging too much information, my dh needed to take care of something at MPF for his retirement next year.  Turns out there was a conflict with his last re-enlistment as to what he SIGNED and what was in their system. 

He brought in his copy, the woman looked in the system and compared them.  The section in question had a DIFFERENT FONT style than the rest of the contract.  Basically, someone went in and CHANGED the information AFTER everything was signed.

Hooray for keeping copies of everything.  But be aware - keep a copy and keep good records.

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Wow! Im glad you had a copy. This is an important reminder!

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Wow, that is crazy.  Kepping copies has saved us before too, but because of the Navy's lack of clerical skills, LOL.  When my DH was reserves, he was activated to do a 6 month school.  4 years later he goes to look at his time in service and it is all of the suddon 6 months short...they had NO record of him ever going to that school, they had just plain lost it.  We, however, had a copy of the DD214.  Granted it was only 6 months...but that is 6 extra months he would have had to do before retirement that he wouldn't otherwise have had to if they had kept better records.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Good reminder! Hubby keeps a copy of all his papers, certificates and achievements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
My husband always keeps copies of everything too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM

OMG that is nuts! 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM

The entire office got a look at it and they are all baffled.  Never had anything like this happen before.  The font was a dead give away though. 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

OMG that is nuts! 

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM

And try to get him to get his pay record audit now and then if possible. That will keep them from over paying you guys. Remember, they will say that you should know what you are suppose to be getting. Just a tip I wanted to pass on, especially out to all the newbies here. 3000.00 was a lot to us when he was just an E4 with a newborn at the time.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Whoever did the falsifying is living dangerously. That could be a career ender!

Quoting jas_momof2:

The entire office got a look at it and they are all baffled.  Never had anything like this happen before.  The font was a dead give away though. 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

OMG that is nuts! 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Indeed - not just an ending, but depending on what all has been changed / falsified, it could be federally prosecuted.  Dh's situation was fixable, thankfully, because he has a lot of time left TO fix it.  If he didn't, he would have been screwed.  I'd hate to think what else this person has changed in other people's files considering they think it's an ok thing to do.

Should be interesting if IG can track them down.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Whoever did the falsifying is living dangerously. That could be a career ender!

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

OMG that is nuts! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Wow...I can't believe that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN