Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Deployment is coming soon.

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

My babygirl is going on her 6th deployment soon.   Last time was scary and not looking forward to this time either.  She is also not talking to me as much, which sucks.   She called me up on Saturday to ask me to send her a pic of our dog.  I started talking to her and she told me she was in a busy restaurant and couldn't hear me. I guess she's growing up and getting her own life, but DAMN it hurts not to be a part of it!!!!

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:41 AM

How old is she?  What branch? Where does she deploy to and for how long? If she has deployed 6 times, she is obviously an adult.  

vintage-misha
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:56 AM
2 moms liked this

That would suck. I hope my boys and I stay close as they age. She may be putting some distance due to stress in her life and not wanting to stress you out. It doesn't matter where she is going or for how long or if she is "obviously an adult" as a mom you still want to be apart of your child's life, even if its just a very small role. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!

bklynmama716
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I just want to thank you for raising such a strong woman who is fighting to protect our safety. Big thanks to her as well!
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Often time when service members deploy they push love ones away. Its a defense and coping mechanism. And yes it does hurt. Try sending a text message and ask her to give you a call when she's got some down time, she really may have been out with a friend, thought of the picture and called to ask you for it before she forgot.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs* hope her deployment goes quickly and smoothly.

tlbusby
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM

She is an adult but still my baby!!!  She is 22 and has been in the AF for a little over 3 years.  She is an in-flight refueler so flies with officers most of the time.   Her enlistment is a little different from a lot of enlisted.   She's also a badass intelligent young lady and can hold her own against many situations!!!! (that's mommy pride!)  Thank you all for the hugs.  I was just venting.  She is only deployed for about 3 mths at a time so her 6 deployments aren't as many as some.  I also realize that I am very fortunate that she has the job that she has.  I know that there are many mamas that go through more than me.   Thanks for posting and listening!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN