Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

I want to say Hello to everyone and thank those who have sent their welcome messages.  I am new to CafeMom and have a son who has just joined the Marines.  My children are all grown and he is my youngest.  I am looking for like minded women who understand and may have some suggestions for me.  I want to be supportive to my son and his couragous decision.  Any words that anyone may have is appriciated!!

He leaves for bootcamp on 1/6/2014.boy kissing mom

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome, my husband is in the Marine Corps and I am very proud of him as you should be too of your son :)

Just continue to be supportive as you have an offer a lending ear if needed... Is he married? Sometimes single Marines get caught up in things and get in trouble... Their not used to being on their own or having so much money, etc, so just be a support system and try to visit often if he doesn't have a wife or any other family with him especially around the holidays... He's gonna do great mama.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Hi Kendra. Weoclome!

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Welcome to the group! Lots of great ladies with great advice!

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi and welcome to the group. I agree with all of this. I am a Marines wife as well and have see first hand some of what the single Marines get into. I tried to host holidays at my house for my husbands single buddies. It gave them a good homecooked meal and a sense of family during the holidays.
Quoting Anonymous:

Welcome, my husband is in the Marine Corps and I am very proud of him as you should be too of your son :)

Just continue to be supportive as you have an offer a lending ear if needed... Is he married? Sometimes single Marines get caught up in things and get in trouble... Their not used to being on their own or having so much money, etc, so just be a support system and try to visit often if he doesn't have a wife or any other family with him especially around the holidays... He's gonna do great mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Welcome to the group!

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM

hello and welcome!  If you ever have any questions, ask ask ask!!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Welcome! Now is a good time to get into the habit of never posting dates. Become familiar with OPSEC, PERSEC and information protection. Wishing your son much success as he begins his military career!

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Welcome!  How exciting for your son!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)