Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

October 1 - get your rear in gear or your TA will be pulled!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Interesting. I wonder if this is just for the AF? Showed this to Dh and he said he always had to approve tuition assistance for the Marines that came in requesting it.

AtillaTheHun
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
My husband is in the AF and he said it was always the rule for certain ranks to get permission. It was just never really enforced until now.
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:08 AM
I'm taking this as this just applies to Active Duty Air Force at the moment correct?

My dh is using his post 9/11 gi bill now with no problem. He is only reserves. He actually just signed up with a VA approved trucking school today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:47 AM

Interesting...I have the same questions as the other ladies.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:19 AM
TA and gi bill are 2 different. I think (could be wrong) that TA is for active duty. I know in the Army times they had posted new rules to change for the new fiscal year. Like you havw to have served for at least a year before you can use it. There were others but i forgot what

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I'm taking this as this just applies to Active Duty Air Force at the moment correct?

My dh is using his post 9/11 gi bill now with no problem. He is only reserves. He actually just signed up with a VA approved trucking school today.
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this

it will be interesting to see if the oter branches follow suit.

also GI bill benefits are different than TA.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Well that's good to know that they are two different things. I would have asked hubby about it but I read this at 3am and hubby was asleep and would have been pissed if I had woken him up to ask. Hell, I was pissed I was up at 3am but I had a headache that was makingmy ears pound...

Quoting sahmw2010:

TA and gi bill are 2 different. I think (could be wrong) that TA is for active duty. I know in the Army times they had posted new rules to change for the new fiscal year. Like you havw to have served for at least a year before you can use it. There were others but i forgot what

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Interesting.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Interesting.  My husband used TA long ago...like 10 years ago...in the Navy and he had to get approval through his command for it.  I like that they won't approve it for those with substandard preformance.  If they are having trouble passing a fitness test, adding more to their plate is going to hinder them PTing more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)