Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so disgusted by service members and spouses

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this
That think this is just a paycheck,a game, a normal job and that it really doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is how much extra money you get.... Fucking ridiculous. Is that the kind of people my husband risks his life for everyday? Is that what our best friends have died for? Clearly they don't know what real war is ...until they figure it out I'm ashamed...
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I have been very fortunate to have never known anyone like that IRL. DH, on the other hand, has encountered his fair share of shitbags. They're out there. :-(
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Every service member risks their lives (well, I guess not all of them, technically) for everyone. Good, bad, ugly... Doesn't matter. Everyone gets the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I know I was just reading a post a few minutes ago and the girls husband was like idc what happens with Syria or if I have to go that just means more money blah blah blah... Not the first time I heard it but I mean I understand why some people look at it like that maybe.... Maybe because they don't have a special forces job or something... Still not an excuse but I could understand if they never really saw the horrible side of things... But my husband is a special operations eod technician, he has watched men with families be slaughtered right in front of him ... And for someone to say its for the money... Wtf get out of here... It is such bs

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I have been very fortunate to have never known anyone like that IRL. DH, on the other hand, has encountered his fair share of shitbags. They're out there. :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Actually we get more money for what my husband does ... But the amount of money isn't the point the point is how they look at it...

Quoting usmclife58:

Every service member risks their lives (well, I guess not all of them, technically) for everyone. Good, bad, ugly... Doesn't matter. Everyone gets the same.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM

What does money have to do with anything?? I never said anything about money...

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually we get more money for what my husband does ... But the amount of money isn't the point the point is how they look at it...

Quoting usmclife58:

Photobucket

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM
6 moms liked this
My husband fights for his team.

End of story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Murica

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM
8 moms liked this

Knowing the way the anonymous posts turned out last week, it wouldn't surprise me if both posts have been made by the same person.

MissGore
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Apparently money is the point to this mama, because she's got more of it. lol

and I agree, while I may not like everyone's outlook, or reason to join, they are all fighting.

Quoting usmclife58:

What does money have to do with anything?? I never said anything about money...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting usmclife58:

Katkinson
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I'm just cranky today.  . . I erased my comment, and will now phrase it in a nicer way. 

I don't see what this has to do with anything. 

It is my belief that my DH's rate is paid the highest amount of any enlisted rate across all branches.  All it means is that he scored high on an APTITUDE test and didn't fail his school.  It doesn't give him ( or I) any special status. . .

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting usmclife58:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)