Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call me ignorant.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
But can someone please explain to me the likelihood of Obama actually attacking Syria? I know he doesn't have any support on the matter, but I don't really understand political/government jargon. So I'm having a hard time following the news, and I also know you're not suppose to believe anything they say, so could I please get some informed answers?

Thank you!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Actually, he does have some support - in the US and from some other countries. Not everyone is against going against Syria.

At this point, he has left the decision up to Congress on whether or not to attack. Congress comes back (next Monday?) and will then decide our actions. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Oh really? Wow. I'm REALLY misinformed then. =\

I thought we didn't have any allies and that Congress had already decided against an attack.

I hate not understanding what's happening. Thank you for clearing that up!

Quoting usmclife58:

Actually, he does have some support - in the US and from some other countries. Not everyone is against going against Syria.

At this point, he has left the decision up to Congress on whether or not to attack. Congress comes back (next Monday?) and will then decide our actions. 

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Britian has said they will not back up the US; the Prime Minister had hoped they would vote in favor, but it went the other way. France, however, has already said they would be involved with the US. Isreal is not saying much of anything, though the Arab League has requested UN involvement. Russia has been very vocal in saying the US needs to stay out of it. That is all I can really remember at the moment.

Our Congress is in recess right now, so they have not voted on anything yet.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought we didn't have any allies and that Congress had already decided against an attack.

Quoting usmclife58:

Photobucket

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Has China also said that they will not back us up? I believe I saw a post in MC a few days ago saying something along those lines.

Quoting usmclife58:

Britian has said they will not back up the US; the Prime Minister had hoped they would vote in favor, but it went the other way. France, however, has already said they would be involved with the US. Isreal is not saying much of anything, though the Arab League has requested UN involvement. Russia has been very vocal in saying the US needs to stay out of it. That is all I can really remember at the moment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting usmclife58:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I know news sites are sketchy. But CNN actually has some good articles up on the whole issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Okay, thank you! I'll go educate myself, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I know news sites are sketchy. But CNN actually has some good articles up on the whole issue.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Yeah. But China is against the US just going in and taking over things. I believe they were more thinking that the UN should do something instead of just a unilateral attack.

Quoting Anonymous:

Has China also said that they will not back us up? I believe I saw a post in MC a few days ago saying something along those lines.

Quoting usmclife58:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting usmclife58:

Photobucket

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't watch the news. Invest in a good history of Islam and the Middle East for a real understanding of the nuances of the current situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM
It's likely but still holding out hope that he won't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)