Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Tri Care and breast pumps!!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 56 Replies
Someone please tell me why I cannot get a breast pump with Tri Care! I think it totally sucks that Medicaid will give a free awesome breast pump and tri care does not! Please tell me how this makes sense? My husband has to deploy for a year and I can't get a breast pump, but people on state aid can! I hate to complain, but really! What do I have to do??
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

They only cover for certain situations like premature babies who are hospitalized.  I don't have the specifics memorized any longer.    Why do you need a breastpump because your husband is deploying?

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

there are specific criteria for tricare. and why do you need one because your DH is deploying? what difference does that make?

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think she needs one "because" he's deploying - I think she was just comparing the fact that he deploys and is gone for a year while someone is on their butt collecting Medicaid and can get a pump...  ? 

I don't know.  They're overrated...

MeganS78
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Exactly! It sucks that people who don't put their lives in danger can get better help than those who do! Sorry, I'm slightly hormonal and completely disappointed in the health care system. 

mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Why do you need a breast pump? There are other resources, depending on the situation :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM
7 moms liked this

I bought my own. Isn't that what most mothers do?

Quoting MeganS78:

Someone please tell me why I cannot get a breast pump with Tri Care! I think it totally sucks that Medicaid will give a free awesome breast pump and tri care does not! Please tell me how this makes sense? My husband has to deploy for a year and I can't get a breast pump, but people on state aid can! I hate to complain, but really! What do I have to do??

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, I thought her point was pretty clear. And I agree they are over rated.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I don't think she needs one "because" he's deploying - I think she was just comparing the fact that he deploys and is gone for a year while someone is on their butt collecting Medicaid and can get a pump...  ? 

I don't know.  They're overrated...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Well with all the extra deployment pay..you can buy one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I think so, but some people prefer the hospital pump. I'm not sure what the differences are.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Quoting MeganS78:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I actually did better with the super cheap hand pumps. I even splurged and bought myself TWO super cheap hand pumps!

The hospital pump I rented was garbage. I'm sure there were better models though.

Quoting adrianna1043:

I think so, but some people prefer the hospital pump. I'm not sure what the differences are.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Quoting MeganS78:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)