Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military ins and outs..

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 27 Replies
Is it sad that I don't know about the ins and outs of the military wife life? If we ever pcs I will be screwed! I know nothing about it even though my dad was military but I was too little to understand. When people on here talk about dity moves and use other lingo I have no idea what they are talking about. Sorry for going on just have been thinking about it lately. I guess I need to get my big girl panties on and start figuring it all out.
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

get the book, Married to the MIlitary it will help out a lot.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM
If you don't know something, don't hesitate to ask. Someone here will have and answer.
kce2013
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Thank you! I honestly never even thought about books

Quoting gunsgirl:

get the book, Married to the MIlitary it will help out a lot.

kce2013
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Thank you! I don't have any questions now I just feel bad that I don't know much and I want to be able to do things for myself when it does come time to pcs or whatever comes my way.

Quoting SierraLynn:

If you don't know something, don't hesitate to ask. Someone here will have and answer.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
3 moms liked this
That's what I was thinking. There are a lot of things I don't know(even after years), but the ladies here do. If they don't know, some will even give disingenuous words of encouragement, while telling you they don't know, followed by exclamation marks and smiley faces.

Quoting SierraLynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

There, there, it'll be ok!!   :)

Quoting adrianna1043:

That's what I was thinking. There are a lot of things I don't know(even after years), but the ladies here do. If they don't know, some will even give disingenuous words of encouragement, while telling you they don't know, followed by exclamation marks and smiley faces.

Quoting SierraLynn:

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Thanks!!! Good luck with that!!!:)

Quoting jas_momof2:

There, there, it'll be ok!!   :)

Quoting adrianna1043:

Quoting SierraLynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Beth on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM

even I dont know everything. I feel like I am still learning something new everyday. I enjoyed the Army Family Team Building (AFTB) classes that the post was doing. I learned a lot about the life and lingo there.

AMRios
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM

There is a book Married to the Military you should read it... It is really good... I have just learned over time... When my husband 1st joined I didn't know the different between rank and rate... It is a lot to learn... Is there something specific you want to know or just everything in general? You can also look into taking the compass class... It is free of charge and they offer childcare for free... You live and learn in this life... 

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM

What branch of the military? I don't know about the other services, but MCCS (Marine Corps Community Services) has a LINKS class for spouses that has ALOT of information. It's only a couple hours long. I have taken it and learned a lot. It's been a few years, so I'm thinking of going to another here at our new base just to catch up and maybe meet some new people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)