Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have experience with getting approved to go to Mexico? *BIG UPDATE

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 107 Replies

DS 12 plays pop warner football and sometimes his games are in Mexico as we have 2 teams from there in our league. This weeks game is in Mexico. I know my dh has to get approved to go but I am wondering if it is possible to get it approved in 2 days? He has gotten approved before when we went on a cruise that stopped in Cozumel and he said it took like 2 weeks (I think). Not feeling very hopefull : (  I really feel uneasy about going by myself to Mexico but I suppose if I have to then I have to.

DH came home and said he got approved no problem. It had to be approved on the 0-5 level. It was not a huge deal like it was when we went to Cozumel, as there are many parents here who request this because their kid is in football, so there was a seperate form. But, interestingly, the town in Mexico where we are going we cross the border from California. If we had to cross from the Yuma AZ entrance it would have been denied. Something about it being 'red', IDK. Anyway, thanks for the laughs in this post ladies!

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM
No clue but good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:38 PM

When we lived there, my DH was able to get approved in that short period of time. Of course, it probably depends on the unit? All my DH had to carry with him was a paper or "chit" as he called it when we went over. Of course, he only went to Algodones with me. I don't know about San Luis though.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

When we lived there, my DH was able to get approved in that short period of time. Of course, it probably depends on the unit? All my DH had to carry with him was a paper or "chit" as he called it when we went over. Of course, he only went to Algodones with me. I don't know about San Luis though.

Thanks for the info! It is not in San Luis, but Mexicali. I spoke to dh and he said it may be possible as the CO has a kid on the HS football team who also travels to Mexico so he may just say go ahead. We will see : )

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM

They can with approval. 

Quoting Tieia:

Mexico is out. Military members are not authorized to go. Sorry. :(

Photobucket

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM

This. I know it used to be that you had to submit for approval 2 weeks in advance, but I'm sure it depends on the command.

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Quoting Tieia:

You are wrong, as he has went before. But thanks anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I've never gotten aproval to go anywhere... In the last 8 years I had no idea until 6 months ago about all this. My briefing consisted of "don't drink too much, don't do anything stupid, don't rape any one... well you never know. And don't walk alone at night."

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Lol since when? I've gone many many times.

Quoting Tieia:

~*~*~ Because food will never taste as good as skinny feels~*~*~
~*~*~One bad meal can't make you fat. Nor can one healthy meal make you skinny~*~*~
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

And not to mention it is in the OP that my dh has been approved before. So....

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting Tieia:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh IS active duty and has went already THIS YEAR. You are mistaken.

Quoting Tieia:

Active duty members, not spouses or dependents, are not authorized to go. Over a year now. 

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting Tieia:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)