Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Air force wives, I have a question??

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 13 Replies
Ok so a few months back my husband went to legal so that we can get wills done and power of attorney for when my husband deploys. The woman at legal emailed him saying to go to a certain web address and fill out some worksheets of what we need save the ticket number and call back. Ok so I keep trying to go to the web address aflegalassistance.law.af.mil and its not coming up?!? I need help! Does anyone have a web address for this? I have tried calling legal to see if the web address has changed. Thanks Ladies
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kce2013
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM
That web address is the one the lady at legal emailed us to use!
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM
4 moms liked this

He has to access it from a work computer.  It's not a "public" site and can't be accessed through a home computer unless you have a cat card reader installed.

eta = hahaha!  "cat" card...  meow!  I meant cac...  love this...

kce2013
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM
oh ok, I thought I read somewhere on another page that we could get on to it at home so we could work on it together? oh well thanks for your help:)

Quoting jas_momof2:

He has to access it from a work computer.  It's not a "public" site and can't be accessed through a home computer unless you have a cat card reader installed.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM

He can print it out and bring it home...

Quoting kce2013:

oh ok, I thought I read somewhere on another page that we could get on to it at home so we could work on it together? oh well thanks for your help:)

Quoting jas_momof2:

kce2013
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Ok I just read the other website again and it does say that it is a public website so we can access it without a cac reader!

Quoting jas_momof2:

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

If it is one of the government restricted websites, you can access it at home if he has a cac card reader, it attaches to a home computer with a usb.

Quoting kce2013:

Quoting jas_momof2:

kce2013
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Its a public website we don't need a cac reader but I finally got in touch with legal and apparently the whole website is down and they are trying to fix it and was told to try again Monday!

Quoting TonyaLea:

If it is one of the government restricted websites, you can access it at home if he has a cac card reader, it attaches to a home computer with a usb.

Quoting kce2013:

Quoting jas_momof2:

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah, glad you figured it out.  I had tried going to the link too and wasn't able to, so I figured it was one of the resricted web addresses. Good Luck!  Your post inspired me to look up our branches website and I started our will paperwork today :)

Quoting kce2013:

Its a public website we don't need a cac reader but I finally got in touch with legal and apparently the whole website is down and they are trying to fix it and was told to try again Monday!
Quoting TonyaLea:

Quoting kce2013:

Quoting jas_momof2:

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Stupid question but we as wives can just start this kind of paperwork? I have to pester my dh to get this stuff done. But if I can do it and have him look over it that would be awesome. He hates the subject of Wills and stuff so he drags his feet about doing it..I don't wven think he had a Will in place during his last deployment. I had full POA but he pretty much ket everyone know that I already knew what he wanted done and we discussed what I would use his death benefit for.

Quoting TonyaLea:

Ah, glad you figured it out.  I had tried going to the link too and wasn't able to, so I figured it was one of the resricted web addresses. Good Luck!  Your post inspired me to look up our branches website and I started our will paperwork today :)

Quoting kce2013:

Quoting TonyaLea:

Quoting kce2013:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM

My husband is the same way.  I just figured this out today, but the online forms are more of a questionnaire, not a legal document.  I am just filling the worksheets out, including a medical poa/living will, and the paperwork for guardianship of the children, etc.  THen you print it out and the service member signs it and drops it off at legal, they prepare the official documents, and the servicemember comes back when they are done to sign everything.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Stupid question but we as wives can just start this kind of paperwork? I have to pester my dh to get this stuff done. But if I can do it and have him look over it that would be awesome. He hates the subject of Wills and stuff so he drags his feet about doing it..I don't wven think he had a Will in place during his last deployment. I had full POA but he pretty much ket everyone know that I already knew what he wanted done and we discussed what I would use his death benefit for.
Quoting TonyaLea:

Ah, glad you figured it out.  I had tried going to the link too and wasn't able to, so I figured it was one of the restricted web addresses. Good Luck!  Your post inspired me to look up our branches website and I started our will paperwork today :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)